1024mb ram overclocking database

i would take second, as i'm memtest stable at 270mhz, 3.2v.. but my memory controller starts hating on me ;)

First off, I want some more 2x1GB Crucial Value data in here! Second of all, as I told you the other day eclipse, I'll get some updated screenshot results and benches when my liquid gets all hooked up :D

Well since I posted this in an OCZ thread, when it went a bit OT, I'll give my preliminary results here again with a little more where appropriate:

texuspete00 said:
I been running the crucial value at 236 right now. 3-3-3-8-1T. DFI NF4 Ultra-D in Dual Channel 2 * 1gb

CPU @ 260*10
Memory @ Cpu/11 (9:10 in bios) ~236MHz

Sandra was 6600 Mb/s I remember that off the top of my head. Second figure your standard small amount lower.

In testing 240 was runnning 3d benchmarks. 243+ was crashing them. I been playing BF2 instead of testing further. I've had ram improve on it's out of the box clocks after the first few days, though I never had any micron chips before. So further testing was postponed.

Been meaning to post in the DB, also don't have 32M shot and so forth, but I hope I can do better anyways. BF2 is a pretty tough test. I've gamed on this as above for as many as 4 hours before. I would think my results aren't atypical, a new set would have just as much chance of doing better than worse, but of course I don't know that for sure.

I just been dilly dadlling because I wanted to get the sticks higher. I could crank out the requisites for this thread though I'm sure, and maybe post any improvement later... maybe I'll just do that. Afraid to commit to additonal testing tonight, I do have to play BF2! :p Sorry but Im not too into testing 3-4-4 with the many options you have for A64's, unless I had too. They work with a divider quite well and this should beat 250 3-4-4 so it would have to be mandatory or provide a a big MHz difference. I was worried when I cranked the cpu back up after doing my testing 1:1, that the ram would drop clocks but the 235-240 range stuck. 236 is the cpu and memory together sweet zone and with excellent stability. Thats how I like to run this cpu in the summer... 2.6GHz with 1.55v. Running 2.7v and using the +.3 option on the DIMMs.

texuspete00 said:
I just been dilly dadlling because I wanted to get the sticks higher. I could crank out the requisites for this thread though I'm sure, and maybe post any improvement later... maybe I'll just do that. Afraid to commit to additonal testing tonight, I do have to play BF2! :p Sorry but Im not too into testing 3-4-4 with the many options you have for A64's. They work with a divider quite well. I was worried when I cranked the cpu back up after doing my testing 1:1, that the ram would drop clocks but the 235-240 range stuck. 236 is the cpu and memory together sweet zone and with excellent stability. Thats how I like to run this cpu in the summer... 2.6GHz with 1.55v. Running 2.7v and using the +.3 option on the DIMMs.

Hell yea texuspete! (hardmilitary.net if you want to be cool like us)

Surprised that OCZ hasn't gone further

^ I paid my monies. You're not one of the guys that reminds me how much I suck at driving are you? Lol jk... I'll be on tonight though.

Oh guys, and I just read the first post again to refresh my memory. Cant see being able to pull off a 3 hour memtest stable test tonight. :( Looking for hardcore stbility testing might as well wait until I can retweak these puppies now that they've made friends with their hardware acquaintances. Lol... I dont know how else to say it maybe burn-in is myth but memory sure seems to just get along with my comp better after a few days... sometimes it makes a difference anyways.

Yea I konw u paid, I was saying if for anyone else seeing post thinking "[H] has bf2 clan?! :eek: "

Anyways, both me and eclipse have seen our ram change in how it acts after a "burn in" period. Very odd.

Ahh ok.... now I'm reading it right. Yeah be cool like us, i'm included WooT! :p

Really trying to get better for the group, so yep "have-to" is the right wording. It is my duty! :D You guys shoudl come join us once in awhile. Supposed to be some other H clan too... heh.. . civil war soon? :p

If there's a cival war it would be as if hardmilitary is a combo of USA, China, and Russia... against Canada as the "other guys".

Basicly, not a question who would win :p

Regarding changes, generally better or indifferent.

291*9

my.php

well, since lowering my volts a bit to 2.65v i will hopefully have some new results, well speed wise anyway. i just tightened them up to 2.5-3-2-8 and pi32m and occt stable and priming. they run at 2.5-3-2-6 @250 but memtest doesn't show any bandwith difference so i put it back to 8.

tomorrow i think i'll try some more 10x and see if i can get 265.

nugzo,
where did you order your ballistix tracer from? I have only seen it for sale direct from Crucial; was wondering if this is the only place.

This probably does not qualify for this thread since it's only 512MB, but it is a single sided stick, so it's just a 1GB stick with one side missing. ;)

It looks stable at 245 MHz 3-4-4-8 @ 2.6 V, and I expect that it can go higher, but my CPU is unstable at 250 MHz so unfortunately I can't push it any further. :(

2x1024mb Crucial Value

on the chips:
Code:

0526 2-2
MT 46V64M8
TG -5B D

System in question:
Asus A8N Sli Deluxe
3000+ Venice

Max stable speed shots @ 2T is 250MHz on first run, still finding ceiling. Definately below 258MHz:

Max stable speed @ 1T is 247MHz.

Actively cooled with a 120mm fan resting just below the ram.
3.0v is set in the bios

Back