~$1000 EXSI Build?

I think I may jump for the i7 2600 & the Intel BOXDQ67SWB3. The only unanswered question I have was what performance hit I will see on say a WD Black vs a SSD?

Huge difference.

If you're only using 1 or 2 VM's at a time it's not a big deal to put them both on one drive but they will crawl if they try to use the disk at the same time (run a Windows update or install a big program and the other VM is next to useless without 2 drives, or an SSD)

The board I had in my cart went out of stock but I found a similar and what I think to be older version that is similar. I'm waiting to see if it comes back in stock soon but if not I don't think it's a big deal.

I am concerned with disk but I think if I get two regular disks it won't be a big deal if I spread things out, I don't see there being a lot of load on this right now.

The board I had in my cart went out of stock but I found a similar and what I think to be older version that is similar. I'm waiting to see if it comes back in stock soon but if not I don't think it's a big deal.

I am concerned with disk but I think if I get two regular disks it won't be a big deal if I spread things out, I don't see there being a lot of load on this right now.

1 disk you will be fine, are you planning on doing external storage ?

You could use one drive right now till you really want to put this into production, and then later you could buy a proper supported raid card and put more drives in it. 3-4 drives raid etc etc.

This weekend, i think / hope ill be converting my xen box to local storage and other things, LOTS of work ahead of me tho ...

Back