100 Memorex DVD-R's for 20 bucks: CompUSA? Good luck!

RazorOye

Limp Gawd
If you can convince the sales lady as I inadvertantly did - you'll save an extra 50%.

The actual deal is a buy one, get one free (instantly - no mail-in) on 50-packs of Memorex DVD-Rs and DVD+Rs. The packs are 40 bucks each.

But when I went tonight, the associate was really confused. I brought her to the bin where the on sale DVDs were and asked if I could get one pack of each (+ and -) but she said they had to be the same. And then she said it was a really good deal - making conversation, I just said, "Yeah, it's like getting them for half off."

So, we went to the register and she scanned the two and then zeroed out the price for one. So my total was 40 bucks. As expected. As I was pulling out my wallet, she said - as if reminding herself - "Oh yeah, they're half price too" because she remembered me mentioning half off. And she proceeded to cut the deducted price in half again!

So, she halved the 40 buck price and I left with 100 DVD-Rs for 20 bucks.

So - go to your nearest CompUSA before March 5 and find the most gullible cashier and see if you can do the same!

Probably not - I just couldn't believe my luck.

It redeemed an otherwise shitty day.

Lol, not to be a chauvanistic male pig bigoted idiot type, but was she blonde?

isp said:
Nice...that's .20cents a disc... :eek:

Hot damn! I checked it on my Ti-89, and he's right!

Just joshin'. I've found once or twice staples has had them around there, but nothing beats using small talk to brighten a minimum-wage earning cashier's day :)

when there are deals like this at grocery stores (kroger/publix/etc) the register automatically makes it a 50% deal if you only buy one. other stores should follow this logic to imo.

Ahh so this is why CompUSA has been losing money the past few years ;) . Haha nice deal though.

mgars said:
when there are deals like this at grocery stores (kroger/publix/etc) the register automatically makes it a 50% deal if you only buy one. other stores should follow this logic to imo.

Actually, I know for a fact this isn't true at Harris Teeter ( south east chain ) I am just finishing working for them as a cashier for 8 months :( terrible job.

Can someone post a link to the deal? I can't seem to locate it on the CompUSA site.
Thanks.

Back