• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

100% IPA as Coolant in loop?

kookoo102

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
455
I have access to 100% isopropyl alcohol, and was wondering if anyone has used it as coolant in a WC loop? Would there be any issues? I figured since it always feels colder then room temp... maybe it would do well?
 
Last edited:
I thought of the beer too.

Alcohol will shatter any acrylic reservoir, dissolve any paint on inside of fittings, melt your tubes, and it's got less heat capacity than water by half.

Apart from that it's a good idea :p
 
I thought of the beer too.

Alcohol will shatter any acrylic reservoir, dissolve any paint on inside of fittings, melt your tubes, and it's got less heat capacity than water by half.

Apart from that it's a good idea :p

ah......... I see. And this is why I asked. I will just stick with my DW for coolant:D

Thank you!
 
I would go with 200% IPA

4664452648_1522275935.jpg
 
I thought of the beer too.

Alcohol will shatter any acrylic reservoir, dissolve any paint on inside of fittings, melt your tubes, and it's got less heat capacity than water by half.

Apart from that it's a good idea :p

Oh and its flammable.
 
It just feels cool because it evaporates quickly and that takes heat energy. In your WC loop you don't have that.
 
Back
Top