• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

$100 gift card at Amazon

kevineugenius

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 9, 2006
Messages
1,415
I've got a gift card coming in the next couple weeks and my PSU is probably the weak link in my current build. I think it's been a great, solid unit despite some others saying it's a heap of crap but it's also like 6 years old and wasn't new when I got it. However, I never shop at Amazon because of the 9.x% sales tax here in WA so I don't have their selection in my mind at all. Rather than spend hours and hours browsing through their stuff, I thought it might be worth the time to just put it out there and see if someone with a lot of Amazon on their mind could give me a solid recommendation.

I do occasionally run multi-GPU and always have upper-middle GPUs (GTX 670 right now)
I always run high-end procs
I have an above average amount of fans and PCI cards
I prefer overkill as I want to not replace this for 5+ years and if I need more power later, I don't want to have to upgrade
My personal thought is something in the 700W range based on how CPUs and GPUs are trending downward on power reqs, but I definitely want something stable that I can expect a long life from.
 
I've got a gift card coming in the next couple weeks and my PSU is probably the weak link in my current build. I think it's been a great, solid unit despite some others saying it's a heap of crap but it's also like 6 years old and wasn't new when I got it. However, I never shop at Amazon because of the 9.x% sales tax here in WA so I don't have their selection in my mind at all. Rather than spend hours and hours browsing through their stuff, I thought it might be worth the time to just put it out there and see if someone with a lot of Amazon on their mind could give me a solid recommendation.

I do occasionally run multi-GPU and always have upper-middle GPUs (GTX 670 right now)
I always run high-end procs
I have an above average amount of fans and PCI cards
I prefer overkill as I want to not replace this for 5+ years and if I need more power later, I don't want to have to upgrade
My personal thought is something in the 700W range based on how CPUs and GPUs are trending downward on power reqs, but I definitely want something stable that I can expect a long life from.


anything thats available at newegg is likely to be available on amazon. you could always install Hardforums hover hound and find what you wanted on newegg and it'll have the link to the same item on amazon.



anyways PSU efficiency and wattage for future proofing is important

100$ goes along way.


http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master...1374868677&sr=8-1&keywords=800w+cooler+master

this is what i use. powers an overclocked 2500k

2 gtx 670s and some case fans etc. pretty powerful.. gold efficiency and some headroom if you SLI.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top