• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

£100-150 scanner

TheInfernal

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 16, 2009
Messages
137
Hello! I'm in the UK and am looking for the best scanner £100-150 can buy. Compact size and light weight are also priorities, as long as they don't sacrifice image quality significantly. Thanks a bunch!
 
What are you trying to scan? Photos? Documents? Film negatives?

Do you want an auto document feeder (ADF)? Duplex (two-sided) scanning?

Do you want the ability to automatically save the scan into different formats (e.g., Word Document, Adobe PDF)?

Which particular scanners have you looked at recently? Which ones do you prefer?
 
Last edited:
What are you trying to scan? Photos? Documents? Film negatives?

Do you want an auto document feeder (ADF)? Duplex (two-sided) scanning?

Do you want the ability to automatically save the scan into different formats (e.g., Word Document, Adobe PDF)?

Which particular scanners have you looked at recently? Which ones do you prefer?
I will be scanning a book with very fine prints, so I will need as much resolution as possible. I don't care about scanning speed or or colour accuracy. I'm only concerned about resolution.
 
If you are after resolution, you can't go wrong with these flatbed scanners:

EPSON B11B193083 USB Interface Flatbed Scanner $109 (Canadian)
Resolutions, Optical: 4800 x 9600dpi


Canon CanoScan 8800F 2168B003 USB Interface Flatbed Scanner $249 (Canadian)
Resolutions, Optical: 4800 x 9600dpi


I am partial to Canon quality so I would go for the Canon most of the time. Yes I do have the same Canon scanner for 7 years.
Thanks for your recommendations. Hey wait a minute! Did you just recommend a 7-year old model? :p
 
Back
Top