10 Worst Video Game Consoles Of All Time

God I remember watching commercials for the CD-i. It was so expensive, even by today's standards.

I can't put my beloved 3DO on that list, just can't do it.
I spent months playing Madden in 3d for the first time, vanquishing THE HOARD, saving the land of Guardian Legend, beating up bikers on Road Rash with some of the best cut scenes ever created, blowing up other racers on Crash 'N' Burn, playing REAL Pinball, exploring dungeons and killing mythological creatures in Slayer, sweeping the maps in Cannon Fodder, platforming with Gex, full motion shooting games like Mad Dog McCree and Crime Stoppers, capture the flag with Return Fire, building my own Theme Park, playing Twisted: The Game Show with my sister, and hours of RPG goodness with Star Control 2.
The Sega Saturn, Atari 7800, Sega CD and Turbo Grafx 16 Super CD/ Turbo Duo deserve that spot more, and I loved my Turbo Duo as well but lack of games unless you were willing to play imports just killed it.

3DO was probably the best consoles of it's time-frame. I remember it having the best ports of arcade machines, and the best looking games. It was just too expensive.

But expensive does not equal worse.

Should really add the VIC-20.

It was way to limited to be even a hobbyist computer. It was really a game console in disguise and bad at it, despite its commercial success due to the idea you would have a computer and a game machine. Back then Computers still did mostly text with little/no graphics.

3DO was probably the best consoles of it's time-frame. I remember it having the best ports of arcade machines, and the best looking games. It was just too expensive.

But expensive does not equal worse.

If that's the case they could Add Neo Geo to that list as well.
Bad design putting the ram in the game cartridges.
You took an expensive system and made expensive games.
Grant it, use in arcade probably saved it off the list.
Then again, Neo Geo CD was horrid.

Damn cant edit what about the Jaguar why isnt that one the list or did I just skip over it?

3DO doesn't deserve to be on that list. It was ok, just the execution and timing was wrong; aside from the pricing.

My wife bought me the 3DO on release day for $699 and the games were retailing for $60.

*sigh* I still have one, but haven't hooked it up in a long time.

Some good games, but doomed from the start.

^ this. It should have been at the very top of the list. $75 to purchase the only decent game on that turd - AvP...

All this 3do love but no NGage love. I loved my ngage actually a lot of really decent titles, I remember on strategy game being particularly good, also it worked great as a cell phone(ie its a Nokia) Also once it tanked the games were all like 5 bucks or less. Also the os was not locked down like most phones at that time and you could fully edit it.

I just knew the Cdi and 3DO would both make this list. I bought both of them used from a friend prior to my second attempt at college, only to be "excused" once again b/c all my dorm floor did was play games that semester.

I do remember Demolition Man for the 3DO being kinda fun, and I believe soccer was actually really good. For the Cdi, I pretty much just remember golf and some cartoony adventure game.

The only thing the Jaguar had going for it was that old Aliens vs Predator game. And why is the Jaguar not on this list???

Jaguar was great. Katsumi Ninja, AvP, Tempest... The controller took it down a few notches for me. Once the Saturn came out, though, the Jaguar was just old.

3DO was good for the time, just WAY over priced. Nice little machine, though.

Wait the Sega 32X, was worse than the Atari Jaguar, and how does an upgrade to an existing console get classed as a console?

I'll put the worst offenders on the top of the list: Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. Why? For creating a nation of CoD lamers that don't know what good games are.

32X is the best piece of junk I ever bought....

I should of saved my money and bought some internet stocks back then.

I was a wee lad that got suckered into buying the Action Max. I don't think I realized it wasn't really even a video game.

Back