$10 vid card upgrade advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon67

Gawd
I want to buy a new vid card for my gaming rig. It should be able to handle solitaire, hearts, minesweeper and other free games that come with Windows. My budget is the equivalent of $10. What should I get?

If you experts out there think that $10 won't take me far, I can sell my apartment and spend another $200,000. Would this get me a decent mainstream card, maybe a 6800nu? If not, I can sell my asshole down by the railway station and pick up a few bucks more.

I haven't read the upgrade guides or any other posts in this forum, because if I had I would actually have nothing to write about. Any advice is highly appreciated.

Personally I only play Minesweeper on 256x AA and 1024x AF at a resolution no less than 16 MegaPixels. To handle this kind of load, you NEED to have watercooled Ultras running in SLI. Agreed, 10$ won't get you very far, so selling your asshole is the way to go

Is this serious?

Or is my sarcasm radar going crazy? I have a feeling he doesn't like the upgrades people here recommend. Like when someone says they need a video card for their grandma's machine and some idiot recommends a X800 XT or 6800 Ultra.

:eek: usually when someone wants to be sarcastic they at least go to the trouble of making the post funny. This one isn't particularly funny. Lock please, thread is pointless.

Yeah, lock this thread before even more people with Ph.D.s in sarcasm get offended and write grumpy posts.

I found it amusing anyway :D

You'd think some people had nothing better to do than take offence at what is clearly a thread knocking all those who post without searching for information first.

Even more funny that some people actually think their "Gawd" title means shit.

Tigerblade said:
Maybe his asshole has been used too much recently and needs to vent the pain on forums? :D
Or maybe he's looking for an excuse to use it?

jon67 said:
I want to buy a new vid card for my gaming rig. It should be able to handle solitaire, hearts, minesweeper and other free games that come with Windows. My budget is the equivalent of $10. What should I get?

I haven't read the upgrade guides or any other posts in this forum, because if I had I would actually have nothing to write about. Any advice is highly appreciated.

[Serious, just in case]

4MB AGP card $6 shipped: http://www.aerocooler.com/shop.cart?action=ITEM&prod_id=VCSS6326

This one is much better for $13 shipped:
http://www.ikor-design.com/ikor-design/product_info.php?products_id=3546

16MB IBM nVidia TNT2 AGP.
Remember to check Reseller Ratings
[/Serious]

The second one will let you play Half-Life/Quake 2 (only low-res, though), just in case you end up beating all the Windows games and want to play something else.

I agree, though. A $200-500+ card isn't a practical solution for most people (Grandparents, small children, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back