10 Easter Eggs in Action

Terry Olaes

I Used to be the [H] News Guy
With Easter being tomorrow, ComputerWorld has a fun article showing 10 easter eggs in various programs complete with video demonstrations. Is “larve” pronounced “larv” or “lar-vuh?” I’m so confused.

I admit that a couple of these examples -- one in Linux and one in a Telnet session -- aren't technically Easter eggs. But I think these little treats are pretty cool so I put them all in my egg basket to share with you.

Most of it is just linux stuff. Boring.

Adobe has some cool easter eggs.

Yah, that is what I thought. Pretty lame easter eggs, and one of them wasn't even an easter egg. it is a telnet site.

I have an easter egg too.

Now this works in any OS with a graphical web browser

1) type http://images.google.com into your browsers address bar.
2) type in easter eggs

you will then see a page with pics of easter eggs.

Yah, that is what I thought. Pretty lame easter eggs, and one of them wasn't even an easter egg. it is a telnet site.

I have an easter egg too.

Now this works in any OS with a graphical web browser

1) type http://images.google.com into your browsers address bar.
2) type in easter eggs

you will then see a page with pics of easter eggs.

Lol, I actually tried it, too. The "images" part just never hit me. :p

It's pronounced larv-uh, the singular form, and the plural is larvae, pronounced lar-vay

--Finishing my masters degree on paper wasps...

Didn't excel 97 have a flight simulator? (google seems to think so, but they get more hits for a recent googleearth flight simulator)

Haven't seen a decent real in-game Eater egg in a long time.

I like that they decided emacs was a Mac easter egg.

And I'm pretty sure I've seen a couple of other games in emacs too - depends how it was compiled though I believe.

I like that they decided emacs was a Mac easter egg.

And I'm pretty sure I've seen a couple of other games in emacs too - depends how it was compiled though I believe.

Are you kidding? If you compile it right, you can get the Matrix enabled in emacs.
[vi user]

Back