• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

10.3b Preview BFBC2 Still Flickering

jds29

n00b
Joined
Feb 4, 2010
Messages
13
I am using crossfirex 2x 5870, and getting great framerates in bfbc2, but the flickering issue is still there. I downloaded the Catalyst AppProfile 1.0 installed it, but now what? Does it just update the driver for the game? Or do I have to enable/disable something. Even with it installed I'm still getting the "flickering" issue. To me it's more like horizontal lines, and a flicker.

I uninstalled the driver, ran driver sweeper in safe mode then installed drivers fresh. Does anyone have any ideas on what I may be doing wrong?

System Info: Phenom 2 x4 965 @3.8 ghz (1.42 v), 2x Asus EAH5870, MSI 790fx GD70 mb, Corsair TX 850 psu, in a HAF 932, and temps are fine.
 
I'm still getting the artifacting issue with snow maps ... specs in sig ..
 
Last edited:
I just don't get the "Profile" thing with the drivers. Maybe I haven't enabled the new profile? What am I missing? Where do I go? Where am I?
 
You downloaded and installed this driver? http://sites.amd.com/us/underground/tips/Pages/catalyst-10-3-preview.aspx (the download link is immediately under "For desktop Graphics" - file name is ati_catalyst_10.3b_preview_win7_vista_march25.exe)

The app profiles just tells the driver whether to use AFR or SFR rendering modes for Crossfire in various games, it is *not* a driver nor does it update the driver. If Crossfire is working in whatever game you are playing, then installing a new app profile won't do squat.
 
Last edited:
So here's an interesting wrinkle: I used both crossfire bridges (that came 1 with each card) and inserted the cards in the 2 and 3 slots on my MB (away from my Zalman CNPS10x Extreme cpu cooler). Just on a whim I decided to try the cards with the single Xfire bridge that came with the MB (because it's longer than what came with the cards) and separate the cards to the 1 and 3 slots and bam! works fine now. Weird.
 
So here's an interesting wrinkle: I used both crossfire bridges (that came 1 with each card) and inserted the cards in the 2 and 3 slots on my MB (away from my Zalman CNPS10x Extreme cpu cooler). Just on a whim I decided to try the cards with the single Xfire bridge that came with the MB (because it's longer than what came with the cards) and separate the cards to the 1 and 3 slots and bam! works fine now. Weird.

Something similar used to happen with Crysis.
 
I'm still getting occasional flickering or the "lines" (usually once per map on the lines, early map load).

4870 X2 on 10.3b
 
Back
Top