10.3 CrossfireX Application Profiles are out.

I do like the new discrete architecture of 10.3. Makes it easier/faster to update individual game/app profiles.
 
Seriously impressed with BC2 after a night's play on the 10.3 drivers and this crossfire profile, with a 5970. I can finally get 5040x900 with 2xAA, 16xAF, HBAO on (yes, on!) and multiplayer framerates of 50-70fps. Perfect.
 
Anyone know if you are supposed to remove the previous application profiles or is having 10.2 and 10.3 profiles installed ok?
 
BBC2 already scaled very well with my Crossfire setup allowing me to use 8x FSAA and everything maxed at my resolution. But the Custom Filter anti aliasing are unusable, they flicker with black blocks all around the place.
 
Sigh...gotta have BC2 running properly, already clocked over 60 hours in that game since launch, not going to put up with shit flickering anymore not after the crossfire bug in the beta :/
 
Anyone know if you are supposed to remove the previous application profiles or is having 10.2 and 10.3 profiles installed ok?

The ATI rep who frequents widescreengamingforum said you can put one right in over the other.
In fact, I'm not actually sure there is an "uninstall" tool for the profiles.
I just installed 10.3 on top of 10.2.
 
How has microstutter been for people? I'm thinking it'll be cheaper to just sell my current motherboard and get the equivalent with crossfire support + another 5770 since they can be had for 150ish now.

Would only be 210 or so instead of 300+ for 5850. Having never had dual GPU before miscrostutter concerns me.
 
Anyone know if you are supposed to remove the previous application profiles or is having 10.2 and 10.3 profiles installed ok?

"Install on top" has been ATi's policy for years now. Uninstalling and using driver cleaners should be done only if you're having issues, not as required steps in upgrading. This applies to new Catalyst drivers as well as new Crossfire profiles.
 
How has microstutter been for people? I'm thinking it'll be cheaper to just sell my current motherboard and get the equivalent with crossfire support + another 5770 since they can be had for 150ish now.

Would only be 210 or so instead of 300+ for 5850. Having never had dual GPU before miscrostutter concerns me.

Microstutter has been non-existent on my dual 5870 Crossfire setup.
 
Back
Top