10.10d Disable Catalyst A.I.

tenub

Limp Gawd
Am I blind or just plain stupid to assume that there's no option to turn this setting off but only to change it in the latest hotfix? Or does it go by a different name?

Put a check mark in the box that says "Disable Catalyst AI" Look under the All button

Don't know why you'd want to though

Nice to have the option to turn it off, but after uninstalling 10.10, driver sweeping, and then reinstalling 10.10d hotfix, now I can't get CCC to start at all. I want to try out MLAA dangit!

You didnt need to do all that, ATI Drivers install over the last, and a hotfix really doesnt need to have previous drivers uninstalled.

An older game I want to play crashes immediately upon launch. A forum reply I dug up suggested disabling this option which worked for him. I really can't disable it?

You didnt need to do all that, ATI Drivers install over the last, and a hotfix really doesnt need to have previous drivers uninstalled.

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't ask what to do to fix the lack of MLAA button because I figured that I'd get the usual forum reply of lrn2search, and I'm used to seeing everyone recommending to do clean video driver reinstalls. I'm going to reinstall the original 10.10 and then 10.10d on top of that, and hopefully it'll fix it. Thanks again, and sorry for the derailing.

II had a parody I used to post to all these people who would list 10 steps to updating video drivers, it included haveing a seance, buying a new HDD and copy of Windows, and moving to another state, all just to update to a new video card or drivers....
People go overboard with their install proceedures.

What cards are you guys using? On my 5970, I can still enable/disable my Catalyst AI. However, crossfire for me doesn't work in Metro, as I get the same frame rates with Catalyst AI enabled/disabled. On my other games, crossfire seems to work fine, even Starcraft.

Using CrossFired 6850s. I've tried 10.10, 10.10c, and 10.10d and none of them have the option to disable Catalyst A.I. with or without CrossFireX enabled. All I have are a slider for texture filtering quality, a checkbox for surface format optimization, and a second checkbox to disable ATI CrossFireX power settings under the Catalyst A.I. subcategory.

I'm guessing this is something to do with the 6xxx series of cards. My 4890 on 10.12 drivers had the option, my new 6970 with 10.12 drivers does not.

Back