1 year+ water flush - still clean!

Unoid

[H]ard|Gawd
Well I finally had to clean out my case due to something massivly gunking up my case with dust.
Its been a year since I installed my watercooling, so I decided it would be time to flush the system.

I emptied the coolant and threw in Isopropyl alcohol + distilled water. I let that loop in the system for 30 minutes to see if it'd clean anything out but I saw nothing in the fluid.

I got distilled + zerex racing coolant back in and doing a small leaktest/air bubble leaking. I left the cpu block on the cpu, (didn't feel like cleaning and reapplying artic silver)

This combo of zerex and distilled has worked great. It would have continnued working for another year perfectly I bet w/o any buildup in the system.
So to all those ppl who have to change theirs out tri or bi yearly might wanna try zerex.

Thanks for that info, as I'm still undecided on what additives to use.
What color is Zerex? I was thinking of going with HydrX, but I'm not a big fan of green. TBH, I'd love my system to look like Liquid_Cooled's (medium blue color, I think it's Audi antifreeze), but I'm not paying $20 for that stuff. :)

You running an all copper system, or is there any anodized aluminum in there?

Also, Zerex treats for corrosion and algea?

Zerex is badass.

It is purplish in color, but some UV blue dye can fix that. My tubes run clean and clear with Zerex.

Try 10% windshield washer fluid. Just enough alcohol to keep moss and organisms from growing without the other chemicals commonly found in coolant.
I ran 9:1 windshield washer fluid for a year and when I went to go flush the system, the tubes were still clean.

SocceRich20 said:
Zerex is badass.

It is purplish in color, but some UV blue dye can fix that. My tubes run clean and clear with Zerex.

Which Zerex are you using? All the stuff I've ever seen is clear with a very slight yellowish tinge. I use Zerex in my cars too so I always buy the 2 gallon containers. And yes, Zerex is great stuff. I've been using it in cars for a couple years now and it was my first choice when I started with watercooling way back when.

Inaba said:
10% Anti-freeze + distilled water + UV Dye from Frozen CPU = teh w1n.

you must have tested a 6+month test run with both your setup and zerox to make the statement you did otherwise you're post was worthless.

Unoid said:
you must have tested a 6+month test run with both your setup and zerox to make the statement you did otherwise you're post was worthless.

Your statement makes absolutely no sense in this context. Why would I need to test with Zerex (which I assume you mean, not Zerox?)? If 10% Anti-Freeze and distilled water work fine for 6, 12, 18 whatever months, then it's obviously suitable. There's no testing of Zerex required, thus your post is definitely totally worthless.

Back