1 Gig USB Micro Drive = $44.99 AR

mdaniel

Limp Gawd
Buy.com has a Lexar 1 Gig jump drive for $79.99 - $30.00 MIR = $49.99 w/ free ground shipping. Add the coupon and it becomes $44.99 AR + free shipping.

Jumpdrive

$5 off Coupon

Cheaper than most 512 meg drives and some 256 ones.

Great deal.. i even bought the 1.5gig usb 2.0 micro drive a couple days ago for 88.90 from woot and now this drive.. woohoo

More or less, the entire Office of Tech here picked one of these up this afternoon. Even before rebate, I paid more than that for my 256meg back in the day. Just can't beat this price.

In the realm of reviews on the company:

I've seen a LOT of negative things about a few particular models from Lexar, all of which seem to be their older, smaller, and lower quality lines, but this particular model seems to have a spotless record thusfar, with nothing but glowing reviews. Has anyone else found contradicting information? (Not that it makes a difference as far as my order goes)

EDIT: Drive came in Tuesday, it is now Wednesday night. Out of the box, it required a format before it would take more than 300megs of data. Should have been my first warning. After the format, it seemed to work fine for the remainder of the day, and into today. About 20 minutes ago it stopped responding altogether. Lexar tech's diagnosis = dead drive. They were a little too quick coming to the conclusion, with none of the typical "are you sure your computer is plugged in" kind of questions, but at the same time I guess that there is little you can really do to prevent a good drive from working. Lexar requires that you go through Buy.Com to get it replaced. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

Sorry for the double post, but I needed to bump this back to the front...

Does anyone know if Buy.com is going to have a problem with me returning the product minus it's barcode? I need the UPC for my rebate, and giving them all the time they ask for to receive, process, and reship, I may not have it in time to mail my rebate out before the deadline. Anyone have advice or experience in this?

Does this model have a write protection switch? I have an old 256 MB Lexar one and it doesn't have this feature but my friend's 256 PNY did. Or anyone know of a cheap 1 GB one with write protection?

eigna said:
Does this model have a write protection switch? I have an old 256 MB Lexar one and it doesn't have this feature but my friend's 256 PNY did. Or anyone know of a cheap 1 GB one with write protection?

This model does not have a write protection switch. Don't know of any this size that do off hand, though Google had a few ideas.

looks like the rebate is for a different model:

oh yeah and please unparse links so they cannot follow the referrer page back here. that way we get our stuff without them catching on.

rebate: http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/retail/pdfs/04Q3/0929-1023ml_30lexarJD.pdf
1gig usb2.0 drive with all sorts of security 79.99 with $30 MIR:
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10381529&loc=2009

Buy.com received my RMA 4-5 days ago, yet their site still says otherwise. When should I expect them to move and get this processed?

Buy.com sucks. There RMA takes 8-10 days. And when they say 8-10 business days, they really mean 10 days.....

Back