• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

1 core not folding on X2

drdeutsch

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 17, 2004
Messages
3,775
I've finally started my X2 4400 on 2 instances of F@H for the [H]orde Race (although it doesn't seem to be helping me out very much...)

Anyway, it's been folding fine. I monitor both cores and my laptop with EMIII from my laptop. It's been working fine for the last week or so, but now I just noticed that the 2nd core is no longer folding. It's stopped at 84% and when I read the log file, the last 5 comments, going back a little over an hour, are "writing checkpoint files."

Normally, it would finish 1 frame/1% progress every 20 minutes.... it should be at 89%!

Anyway... anything I can do? Restart my desktop? Just let it run?

Thanks,
drdeutsch
 
Yeah, I'm still running at 100%.

Nevermind. Just checked it and it's all good.

It went 2 hours before it moved from 84% to 85% and then another 2 hours before it moved from 85% to 86 % and then it resumed it's normal "20-minutes-in-between-frames" cycle.

What causes that?
drdeutsch
 
That could have been a "folding event". The atoms get close enough that they form bonds, and it takes longer to simulate when this happens. So you just advanced science!

You don't get any extra points for it, though. Sorry.

 
unhappy_mage said:
That could have been a "folding event". The atoms get close enough that they form bonds, and it takes longer to simulate when this happens. So you just advanced science!

You don't get any extra points for it, though. Sorry.


Can't the guy at least get a cookie???

I've actually been seeing quite a few proteins here lately that have been doing that, it's been giving my EM3 setup all sorts of trouble. Maybe we're getting close to another breakthrough!


 
Back
Top