1 click setup remote connection software?

chronic9

Supreme [H]ardness
i fix computers for clients that sometimes live too far from me, or I dont have the time to see them ASAP. I am looking for some remote connection software - VNC, logmein.com or something that has a 1 click setup.

Logmein requires for you to log into a account, DL the file, set a PW. I rather not share my logmein PW with all of my customers, and VNC is too complicated for a dumb person to setup.

I dont mind buying some software that can setup a remote connection on the fly with minimal personal interaction.

ya... logmein needs to setup a 1 click remote connection service...

i would pay a 100 a year for something like that... considering my service calls cost 50 bucks a pop, it would pay it self off very fast.

I'll be watching this topic...

I do know Remote Assistance is not super good. Works when it works, but you still have to walk the users over the phone about how to get an invitation done. Depending how computer savvy they are, that alone could take 10-15 minutes.

Then you just hope there isn't a firewall (which 9/10 there is) setup somewhere that will block it.

At my old job I wrote a C# application that did this. But we had an AD and admin rights. It would copy files, start the service, and upon disconnect uninstall and remove the files. Nothing left on the PC. Very custom, and not easy to do over the net. You could probably write a wrapper that handled this sort of thing and send it to them though.

rc.JPG

PCHelpware sounds exactly what you're looking for. It has 2 parts, the viewer and the client. You create the server by telling it what parameters are necessary, such as which IP to connect to, what username / password to use (if any), etc. Anyway, your client a 326k single .exe file. When they run it, it will automatically extract itself and run. The user then needs to enter the username / password (if any) and click the connect button.

There's several nice things about this software:
  • It's small: 320k zipped aint too shabby.
  • They connect to you: which means you only need to configure your firewall / router. NAT should handle any router issues on their end.
  • Easy to configure.
  • File transfer
  • Clipboard transfer
  • Made by the same guy that did Ultra VNC
  • Free

http://www.uvnc.com/pchelpware/

wow indeed that is one hell of a program!

now i need to modify it and set it all up. good find!! thanks

Back