1-click output swap?

Ashton

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 13, 2004
Messages
2,514
I have a laptop running XP (eee 701 to be exact, so specs arent too good) I have 2 soundcards, the internal one and a USB one. One will be used for Skype headset, the other for music output. Is there a way to swap outputs easily? (also note I will have no access to the laptop itself, purely the mouse... so it has to be software)
 
I want to know the answer to this as well. I would like an easy program for Vista and XP does this.
 
When you're in a call in Skype, you can click the little headphone icon at the bottom, and you can easily switch input/output devices from there. I believe by default its set to your Window's default devices, but you can click it and select from all devices that are detected. Hope that helps. :)
 
So you have to use Skype to get this functionality? Thanks.

No sorry, that's not what I meant. I mean specifically if you're using Skype and want to change the input/output devices for Skype sounds only, then change it from there. It does not work for other programs though.
 
let me be a little more specific about my needs...

literally I want to be able to use the hedset for skype, but then hit a button and speak into the microphone and my voice come out the speakers...

this is acctually for a project that's a lot nerdier than I first implied... ^___^* heh... heh...
 
Back
Top