1.7 V cpu too much?

earthscore

Gawd
I could only overclock by at max 200 mhz on my intel P3 proc in sig, so i decide to raise the voltage a bit. I go into bios, its already at 1.7... Now i've heard thats already high, would it be damaged if i raised it anymore?

no..older cpus use high volts than new ones...my old k6-2 used like 2.3? or 2.4 volts on default

I have a P4 3.4E D0 stepping and that sucker will not oc past 238mhz even with 1.6v, but with that i have it at 4.046Ghz im cool with that even with RAM ratio of 5:4 , but is 1.6V too much, any higher than that and my bios wont POST. I know more voltage equals faster death, but thats the only way i can get it stable. How fast would my PROC die at that voltage?

IceCuban88 said:
I have a P4 3.4E D0 stepping and that sucker will not oc past 238mhz even with 1.6v, but with that i have it at 4.046Ghz im cool with that even with RAM ratio of 5:4 , but is 1.6V too much, any higher than that and my bios wont POST. I know more voltage equals faster death, but thats the only way i can get it stable. How fast would my PROC die at that voltage?

If you upgrade frequently, faster death wont be for you. Also, the prescott dont have the same sudden death syndrome as the northwood.

Back