1.5V video cards

SKy042

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 27, 2003
Messages
1,037
My new mobo says it only supports 1.5V cards. How can I find out which cards are 1.5V??? I thought my Ti4200 would work but it doesn't seem to be. Can someone help me out here?
 
it doesn't even post. it'll fire up the hard drives but I'm getting NO video.
 
How good is your power supply? Post the brand and the readings on the 3.3, 5, and 12 volts.
 
it's a Powmax 400W

+5v /20A
- 12V /0.5A
-5V /0.5A
+12V/12A
+3.3V /14A
+5Vsb /1A

The rest of the components are the Soyo board
AMD athlon XP 2600 Thoroubred core
512MB PC2700
1 WD 80GB SATA drive
Chaintech Ti4200 128MB
sound blaster 5.1 Value
1 CD-rom
1CD-RW
 
That card should work in your system. Some older agp 1x & 2x cards will not. I'm thinking you got a bad video card. Try it in another system to make sure it's a bad card, if you can. Otherwise return it for a replacement.
 
GORANKAR said:
That card should work in your system. Some older agp 1x & 2x cards will not. I'm thinking you got a bad video card. Try it in another system to make sure it's a bad card, if you can. Otherwise return it for a replacement.

Video card came out of my other rig(working) and straight into this one. I'm thinking it's a bad mobo but I accidentally threw away the box so I can't even return it. there goes 41 bux.
 
That sux. Try another vid card in that mobo. Just to be sure. Who knows, maybe they just don't get along. ;)
 
GORANKAR said:
That sux. Try another vid card in that mobo. Just to be sure. Who knows, maybe they just don't get along. ;)


Only other one I have is my 9800XT and I'm not putting that sucker in a fileserver. but I guess I can give it a try just to make sure.
 
CleanSlate said:
That powmax's 12v rail is horrible. I bet that's the problem.

~Adam


This weekend is the computer show. I think I'm gonna buy a new case and a new PSU for this machine. Depends on if I've got enough $$ left over after buying ram for my laptop
 
I wouldn't go any lower than 18a on the 12v

Mine is 18a and it runs the one in my sig flawlessly.

~Adam
 
CleanSlate said:
I wouldn't go any lower than 18a on the 12v

Mine is 18a and it runs the one in my sig flawlessly.

~Adam


oddly though that PSU used to run my old machin which drew more power than this one. oh well. I'll figure more out this weekend
 
Back
Top