• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

1.55V on FX-6100

Simmonz

2[H]4U
Joined
May 14, 2008
Messages
2,504
To get my FX-6100 stable at 4.2 Ghz I have had to crank the voltage up to 1.55, long term that seems like a bad idea. I blame my motherboard because I see many people who didn't have to go so far to get even higher speeds. Even though it passes Prime95 and will game without issue should I back it down for the life of the chip ?
 
I have the same motherboard and my voltages are right in line and I can make it lower then what is expected. Because you use the earlier FX CPU it will require more voltage.

If base is 3.3 GHZ at 1.325 volts and you are getting 4.2 at 1.55 it seems high voltage wise but almost on par for the increase in clock speed from you base.

Couple things to try is to not run your ram past 1700mhz, my CPU etc require more juice to run that speed. I can get all 32GB of ram to run at 1864 but I have to put so much voltage in it it's not worth it to me.

A few things I would try is to go into the bios and set your ram at 1600 or as close as possible. Then I would turn off everything from C1E, sleep, etc and see how that goes. If you're still having issues start exchanging multiplier for FSB ratio. This will increase your ram speed so pay close attention to that.

Make sure your LLC is either extreme or one notch under it and go from there slowing increase FSB and dropping the multiplier.
 
I have the same motherboard and my voltages are right in line and I can make it lower then what is expected. Because you use the earlier FX CPU it will require more voltage.

If base is 3.3 GHZ at 1.325 volts and you are getting 4.2 at 1.55 it seems high voltage wise but almost on par for the increase in clock speed from you base.

Couple things to try is to not run your ram past 1700mhz, my CPU etc require more juice to run that speed. I can get all 32GB of ram to run at 1864 but I have to put so much voltage in it it's not worth it to me.

A few things I would try is to go into the bios and set your ram at 1600 or as close as possible. Then I would turn off everything from C1E, sleep, etc and see how that goes. If you're still having issues start exchanging multiplier for FSB ratio. This will increase your ram speed so pay close attention to that.

Make sure your LLC is either extreme or one notch under it and go from there slowing increase FSB and dropping the multiplier.

My RAM is only 1600 Mhz right now so that's good. I have the revision 1 of this board so there is no LLC option at all. I have all of the C1E, sleep, etc turned off.
 
I have revision 1.1 and it has LLC. Maybe double check just incase it is there or maybe a bios update might be the answer.

On Gigabyte's website they only list a 1.X and a 3.0.

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3880#bios

The bios listed should work for a 1 or 1.1 version of the boards.

I am running BIOS version F10 already. I will double check the BIOS options. Is it listed as LLC or Load Line Calibration ? I saw nothing called Load Line Calibration but wasn't looking for "LLC".
 
It's called "Load Line Control"

It lists the options as:

Extreme
Ultra High
High
Medium
Regular
Auto

It is right above

AMD C1E Support
AMD C6 Support
 
It's called "Load Line Control"

It lists the options as:

Extreme
Ultra High
High
Medium
Regular
Auto

It is right above

AMD C1E Support
AMD C6 Support

It's not there on mine. There is nothing above C1E and C6 in my BIOS.
 
Quick research does say that rev 1 boards do not have LLC and unless a beta bios has it I dont think your going to get it without switching boards.

Others have reported the same thing of needing alot of voltage to maintain what most people would call normal overclocks.

You can leave it and see what happens, switch boards, or drop the voltage and the overclock. I would almost be tempted to RMA it and hope to get a 1.1 or 3.0 board as a replacement unless they just send that one back saying it's fine.

I would like to mention that Black Friday and Cyber Monday will soon be upon us if you do decide to get a different board.

Little info on the board differences when talking about LLC as well:
http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/gigabyte_990fxaud7/6.htm
 
Last edited:
Quick research does say that rev 1 boards do not have LLC and unless a beta bios has it I dont think your going to get it without switching boards.

Others have reported the same thing of needing alot of voltage to maintain what most people would call normal overclocks.

You can leave it and see what happens, switch boards, or drop the voltage and the overclock. I would almost be tempted to RMA it and hope to get a 1.1 or 3.0 board as a replacement unless they just send that one back saying it's fine.

I would like to mention that Black Friday and Cyber Monday will soon be upon us if you do decide to get a different board.

Little info on the board differences when talking about LLC as well:
http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/gigabyte_990fxaud7/6.htm

I'm not going to be able to replace my motherboard at the moment. I will run it as is until the spring when I will have the money to not only get a better board but probably an H100i as well.
 
Hmm. Since you guys have your 6100 overclocked I wonder where I could get mine to sit with my M5a97 R2.0
Been thinking about overclocking it recently because it is kind of a dinosaur now, it seems like compared to these new procs.
Granted the last post was over a year ago! Haha.
 
Hmm. Since you guys have your 6100 overclocked I wonder where I could get mine to sit with my M5a97 R2.0
Been thinking about overclocking it recently because it is kind of a dinosaur now, it seems like compared to these new procs.
Granted the last post was over a year ago! Haha.

What cooling do you have ?
 
Back
Top