1.5 Million Stolen Facebook IDs Up For Sale

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to this story, there are 1.5 million stolen Facebook IDs up for sale on the intertubes. It looks like the crook has been busy selling the IDs in lots of a 1,000 for $25 - $45. How come they have all this info on this guy but can’t bust him?

IDefense doesn't know if Kirllos' accounts are legitimate, and Facebook didn't respond to messages Thursday seeking comment. If they are legitimate, he has the account information of about one in every 300 Facebook users. His asking price varies from US$25 to $45 per 1,000 accounts, depending on the number of contacts each user has.

Last edited:
So Facebook IS down. I was really suprised to get home from work and not have any messages and such.

I deleted my account long ago...it's just not worth it. Facebook was cool back when it was a social networking tool for college students...no longer :(

Wohoo, have fun with my FB account, it holds all my secrets like "I got bored playing the crap games", and "why the fudge do I want to play Farmville?".

indeed, and have fun with my picture.... of the default user pic.

No personal info on Facebook = no risk of having said info stolen.

Who would pay a dime for a FB account ??? There is nothin you could do with it.

There is a place in the user settings to put credit card info. I have never looked into it, nor have I put my info there, so I do not know the extent of it.

Wow, seriously? why? Are there anything you can pay with on facebook?

Wait, wtf value does a facebook ID have?

Facebook has more than 400 million users worldwide, many of whom fall victim to scams each day. In one such scam, criminals send out messages from a compromised account, telling friends that the account's owner is trapped in a foreign country and needs money to get home.

i was thinking the same thing, but then i actually read the article... :rolleyes:

Who would pay a dime for a FB account ??? There is nothin you could do with it.

Apparently there is something you can do with them, according to the article anyway:

"Facebook has more than 400 million users worldwide, many of whom fall victim to scams each day. In one such scam, criminals send out messages from a compromised account, telling friends that the account's owner is trapped in a foreign country and needs money to get home."

Apparently there is something you can do with them, according to the article anyway:

"Facebook has more than 400 million users worldwide, many of whom fall victim to scams each day. In one such scam, criminals send out messages from a compromised account, telling friends that the account's owner is trapped in a foreign country and needs money to get home."

Wow. I can't believe that still goes on and people fall for it. That's really pathetic.

it is quite easy for people to get their facebook account stolen.

Facebook have games and stuff addon.

A person might just code one of those games with a login facebook thing. So they thought they need to login to confirm adding the game but the game takes the data.

Where there's stupidity, there's a market. And where there's a market, there's money to be made.

I deleted my account long ago...it's just not worth it. Facebook was cool back when it was a social networking tool for college students...no longer :(

Your FB account is never deleted. If you remove it, sign back in a long time later and everything is just as it was when you "deleted" it. Your data is eternal.

This is why I don't take the whole Facebook thing so seriously. I have two profile pics and I post a thing or two on my wall every other month or so. Only really create an account cause my sister want me to tell her if it was OK to use or not. Something being the IT guy in the family can be annoying. :D

Your FB account is never deleted. If you remove it, sign back in a long time later and everything is just as it was when you "deleted" it. Your data is eternal.
Facebook gives you six months from the time you last logged in to come back, after that you have to open up a new account.

According to this story, there are 1.5 million stolen Facebook IDs up for sale on the intertubes

Hell he can have mine. I didn't even sign up for the stupid service, someone else used my email to sign up!

Back