• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

1.360 Safe volts for E8400

Heligrin

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 4, 2005
Messages
319
Im currently running my CPU at 1.360 volts for 3.9GHz on my 780i. Is that safe? I know the max safe vid is 1.3625, but will running it at 1.360 do anything catastrophic?
 
1.4 is intels max specified for 45nm I think. They are much for voltage sensitive than the 65nm.

My e8400 has been up to 1.465v.

Running at 1.40 now.

You'll be fine. Just keep an eye on your temps.
 
on the spec finder it says 1.3625. I have my vcc at 1.368 is that ok? I would love to try and hit 1.40. My load temps are about 50C at my current OC 3.9 1.368V. and 33/38C idle
 
I would never try to get even close to 1.4v... (paranoid) but that's just me.

I'm at 3.6 with my e8400 @ slightly below stock voltage, and i'm happy.
 
absolutely safe, if your temps stay at 70c or below. my vcore is much higher than that , my pc is up 16 to 18 hours a day air cooled with an e8400.
 
Running at 3.90 with idle vcc of 1.380 and load of 1.352. Temps idle at about 33/36 and load of about 49/48. I tried to hit 4.0 at 1.4 but core 0 failed after 40 minutes. Dont know if its worth going above 1.4V for 4.0?

Any ideas?
 
well its really up to you if you want the extra 100 mhz. 3.9ghz is just fine but if you really want 4Ghz do it.
i ran in the same problem with mine, had to raise the Vcore to 1.4 to move from 440 to 445 FSB.
 
If you want to clock with higher than 1.36V, its best you read up on what can happen.
Extreme Systems is a good place for info on this.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/index.php

I'm running mine at 4.13GHz 1.4V and the chip has been stable like this for about 6 months.
A noisy PSU or motherboard voltage regulation circuit can harm a CPU so make sure the kit you are using is in good order / is suitable.
 
Nenu i have a eVGA 780i and a PCPC 750W silencer. My volts under load are 1.344V - sometimes 1.352. I think the idle volt is 1.380. my chip is at 3.9GHz and has been running prime for 10+ hours no errors. Realtemp recorded max temps of 56C at 7AM. I dont think ill go above this for my OC. Couldnt get stable at 4.0 with 1.4V and i dont want to go above 1.4v. Hopefully my CPU will be fine at my current settings for 3.9 1.38v/1.344v
 
Damn, failed prime on core 0 after 15 hours >< Fanna raise voltage some more as well as FSB
 
Those are acceptable voltages. But dont forget that the fsb voltage matters as much as the vcore so keep that under 1.4 too.
 
So i nailed down my final OC. 3.9GHz 1.384V idle /1.36V load. Ran prime for 25 hours so i considered it stable. So as ive been saying all along, is this OC safe? Temps are 32/26 and about 48/47 load.
 
yeah, relax. ye are way way under the line. ye load temps are like me idle temps. and me vcore is much higher than ye.
 
I'd say your current settings are fine, although pretty much at the limit of what would be considered safe. Don't go any higher, but you should find things plenty fast the way they are now.
 
Back
Top