1.30A Fan

• Thread starter Deleted member 88301
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 88301

Hello.

I have a 4715KL-04W-B56 12V DC, 1.6 amp fan that I'd like to use in my Dell Precision T3500.

1.6 amps just seems kind of high.

Also, I would love to find fan converters, like a list.

Thanks!

You cannot run that off of motherboard fan headers. If you want such an extreme fan I suggest getting a PWM one and only using the motherboard for PWM signal and rpm reading with Power from PSU. but why do you want such a powerful fan? It like putting a 1000hp engine in your daily driver car .. Sure, you might be able to drive it around, but it's going to be a constant pain in the asp to do it.

It's actually a pull from my old Dell XPS 410 (Core 2 Duo E6420, 8600 GTS, Yummy!), so I know it's possible. But I think 1.6 amps from a motherboard fan header sounds like a problem waiting to happen. I only want to use this fan because the connector is correct for a simple hook up. If I had an option to use a PS molex connector I would. Anyway, it's not a serious need. My temps are acceptable, just have it, would like to use it for an exhaust fan.

Most mobos will do 1A through fan headers, some will do up to 2A, but its not very common. And running it on a 1A header, you could run into trouble, best would be to get a pigtail and hook it straight to the PSU. Look up the spec sheet for that mobo in your unit.

Any reason for this fan? Heat issues etc? That fan is going to be ungodly loud with very little return. Will this be in the case or on a HS?

There's really no need for the fan. My temps are fine. I was just thinking about using it as a case fan, but I think it's overkill and probably not worth the time messing with it. And, yeah, I'm sure that noise would end up being an issue.

Put it on a variable speed driver driven off a molex.

That thing will be a bit noisy most likely, and that solution kills two birds with one stone: You got plenty of power for it without breaking anything, and you can adjust the noise level.

Yep, if I decide to use the fan, that's the way I'll go.

Back