$1,200 Machine for Making Untraceable Guns

What's with the obsession of creating implements of death?

Knives? Cars? Abortion clinics?

I assume you're not talking about guns.

Here’s something very interesting about these numbers. Different kinds of shooting events have very different rates of death (as opposed to non-fatal injury). Over this decade of data,

Accidental shootings are fatal 4% of the time.
If you are shot by a bad guy, you get killed 21% of the time.
Attempts at suicide by gun that are “successful” 83% of the time.
When the cops shoot you, they kill you: 27% of the time.

The concept goes far beyond a little boy and a hammer ... you are missing the forest from the trees.

The problem with walking around with a hammer ... is that everything looks like a nail.

We're all aware of those killer construction workers and handymen.

Or maybe, just maybe...the person is the problem, not the hammer.

The concept goes far beyond a little boy and a hammer ... you are missing the forest from the trees.

Not in the sense that you used it. You made the assertion that gun owners follow the "when you have a hammer everything is a nail" line of thinking. Therefore what you are saying is that people who own guns do nothing but shoot everything when they are holding guns.

Not really sure how I am missing the forest for the trees with that. If you keep throwing out poster phrases we are all going to assume you have no ability to rationally debate your opinions.

Which is fine for states that allow private firearm sales without background checks. For states that require them for private sales it's all about legally owning a firearm that is completely off the books. With federal and local legislators pushing for more and stricter firearm registration ala Connecticut, it is very concerning for those paying attention. Firearm registration will eventually be abused for confiscation, it isn't a matter of if, but when. It has already happened in New York where BATFE illegally seized registration records from a gun store that had done nothing wrong.

Sorry about that. I sometimes forget how terrified of the gun the NE states have become. It's crazy to me though.

Where I am at currently, I would not need to use this device to have off the books firearms. Unfortunately, I have listed virtually every firearm I own of any value by Make, model, and SN on my insurance policy. I guess it would prolly be naive for me to think the government does not have access to that info.

Back