• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

1/2" or 5/8" OD elbows?

jtruax28

n00b
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
33
Just ordered the Tygon 1/2" ID tubing. Now I need to order some 90 degree elbows for routing the tubing within my case. However, I was wondering if I should get the elbows that have 1/2" OD or 5/8" OD. It doesn't seem like the tygon tubing could stretch to fit the 5/8" elbow and that I should go with the 1/2" elbow and use some good clamps for a nice seal. Any advice from some water cooling gurus would be greatly appreciated as this is my first attempt at such a system.
 
K, I know this probably a noob question, but I'm just unsure which to choose. Seems like the 1/2" elbow wouldn't give me as good a seal as the 5/8" and would also restrict flow more than the 5/8". Is that true?
 
Yes and yes. If you can get the 1/2"ID tubing on 5/8"OD elbows go for it but if not 1/2" OD elbows will work fine
 
5/8OD would give you a crazy seal plus your inner diameter would be almost the 1/2 like your tubing which would give you optimum waterflow. If your having problems getting your tubing around it, warm the 1/2 tubing up in hot water, it makes it more elastic and easier to squeeze around those bigger barbs.
 
[BRO]Alaskan;1030584286 said:
Yes and yes. If you can get the 1/2"ID tubing on 5/8"OD elbows go for it but if not 1/2" OD elbows will work fine

5/8OD would give you a crazy seal plus your inner diameter would be almost the 1/2 like your tubing which would give you optimum waterflow. If your having problems getting your tubing around it, warm the 1/2 tubing up in hot water, it makes it more elastic and easier to squeeze around those bigger barbs.

Absolutuly. If you can get the 1/2" tubing over the 5/8" OD tubing you'll get very little flow restriction, and a fairly perfect seal.

Hang in there... I got 7/16" Masterkleer over 5/8" brass T lines so it's VERY possible ;) Use alot of Boiling water (on the tubing) and leave the elbows in ice water prior to shoving the tubing on. Coat the inside of the end of the tube with a lubricant (dish soap ;)) and get to work.
 
Back
Top