0 Inout Lag?

qz33

n00b
Joined
Dec 20, 2007
Messages
26
Well i tried searching and it was not working out so here we go.

Are there ANY monitors that have 0 input lag? Now I do not mean reponse time but actual input lag.
 
Not anything on this planet will be 0 input lag.

Let's figure out zero friction first.
 

But according to this review, it does:

http://prad.de/en/monitore/review/2008/review-lg-l227wt-part12.html

The discrepancy has been brought up in the anandtech thread but is so far unresolved. Both sites are considered to be very reliable. The prad article has picture evidence, while digitalversus claims to run the lag test ten times.

So... I don't know what to tell you about that.
 
I heard that stopwatch method isnt really accurate in input lag measuring, it can only give some indications. Even the two ports on your graphics card might have different lag? (some claim that Nvidia might suffer from this, port furthest from PCIe slot has more lag than port 1). Monitors lag might even vary from piece to piece and firmware to firmware.
 
For my purposes I do mean the least amount of lag possible. What about big ol' 30 inchers?


Sorry I've been out for Christmas. Can a mod change the title so that "Input" is spelled corectly?
 
Assuming you're using this monitor for gaming, I would not recommend a 30" monitor. You'd need a multi-GPU solution to play any game even relatively modern, and even then you'd have to prey that the game itself is written to scale well with SLi/Crossfire.
 
I made a lag tester for my personal use, it is more accurate than other timers I've seen, because it takes into account the top to bottom refresh of a screen, and also the response time, so you could see exactly when a pixel started to switch.

LCDs refresh from top to bottom, just like CRTs. (taking 1/60 of a second).

Anyway, my CRT measured slower than an LCD, because one of the two ports on my video card was slower than the other. I tried on another computer, and its ports seemed to be more in sync. A DVI splitter is probably needed to accurately test between two monitors.
 
Back
Top