Don’t Buy A 1TB PlayStation 4

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
It turns out that the recent hardware refresh for the PS4 doesn’t apply to the 1TB models. The revision, CUH-1200, can offer over 30% in power savings and also runs cooler and quieter, which is something I would imagine that any potential PlayStation 4 owner would want.

Before you lay down any cash, ask to check the packaging for the console. Around where it designates the storage capacity on the box it will also display the model number. If it says CUH-1200, or similar, then you're in luck, that's the new updated PS4. If it says CUH-1100 or the like, then you need to look elsewhere.

I love my XBox One. :D Oh, and my 360 as well. :) PS4 is nice but, I do not desire for that since I already have a 4k gaming computer.

Boy, the multiquoting is like the mirror scene in Inception :D

inception1.jpg

Doesn't matter, it's not like it has any games anyway.

Seriously, I have a PS4 and the only exclusives I've been inclined to buy are Bloodline and Infamous: Second Sun. Infamous isn't even that good. I literally bought that console to play three games (at this point in time), the third being Destiny.

I'm waiting for a die shrink before getting one, as I feel the current version is too loud for my liking.

Seriously, I have a PS4 and the only exclusives I've been inclined to buy are Bloodline and Infamous: Second Sun. Infamous isn't even that good. I literally bought that console to play three games (at this point in time), the third being Destiny.

It has plenty of games. Just a matter of preference whether those games happen to be what you enjoy.

any games like red dead redemption ps3 for the ps4? i need at least 2 games to justify purchase of ps4, MK X being 1, a RDR like game would be a good 2nd.

That's a shame. There's many games but it seems you simply lack variety in what you like. I have purchased 15 games this year alone. Expecting to buy 3 in September alone. MGS 5, which I could buy for PC but I rather not risk cheaters on MGO plus many of my friends getting it for PS4. NBA 2K16 and Destiny Taken King.

any reports that the new model is anywhere besides , costco, samsclub, bestbuy, or gamestop?

in his defense, he did PAY for the costco benefits (membership)....

This is true. I've heard Costco has strict deals with their distributors that they have to take things back, regardless. It pays to be a juggernaut. So his PS4 will go back to the master distributor and be repackaged either as refurbished or sold on a clearance bulk pallet (ending up on eBay probably).

I'd assume Costco will get the overflow of the old consoles first. That's usually what happens when a refresh occurs, they get the pallets of unsold old units for cheaper. It's why they're often a generation behind on a lot of units for a bit.

Back