Cortana For Android Can Replace Google Now

HardOCP News

[H] News
All you Android users out there can, if you so desire, replace Google Now with Microsoft's Cortana.

In the latest Beta version of Cortana, you can now replace the Google Now shortcut, which can be accessed by pressing and holding the home button. Instead of Google Now, you can activate Cortana instead (see image below). This build of Cortana has yet to support "Hey Cortana" and there are still other ways to access Google Now features if you really need it.

Lol,

Cortana was the first thing I disabled after installing Windows 10. As if I'm going to install it on my phone...

Zarathustra[H];1041787718 said:
Lol,

Cortana was the first thing I disabled after installing Windows 10. As if I'm going to install it on my phone...

Same here. After install, I deleted silly crap, sprinkles and glitter that I'll never use. Looks almost exactly like W7 now.

Same here. After install, I deleted silly crap, sprinkles and glitter that I'll never use. Looks almost exactly like W7 now.

The only benefit I find from these assistants is just handsfree modes. For instance "text susan hey whats up?" or "ok google navigate to the Wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man emporium and warehouse". Cortana in WinMo can read back texts whereas Google cant. Unfortunately Cortana integration with Android completely fails and is of little value. It does nothing Ok Google doesnt, and what few things it does it does far worse. Cortana only works well on WinMo.

The only benefit I find from these assistants is just handsfree modes. For instance "text susan hey whats up?" or "ok google navigate to the Wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man emporium and warehouse". Cortana in WinMo can read back texts whereas Google cant. Unfortunately Cortana integration with Android completely fails and is of little value. It does nothing Ok Google doesnt, and what few things it does it does far worse. Cortana only works well on WinMo.

Yep. I don't do much handsfree texting from my desktop (and I really have no desire to either)

Zarathustra[H];1041788783 said:
Yep. I don't do much handsfree texting from my desktop (and I really have no desire to either)

Cortana is actually pretty useful for a number of things on the desktop. Open programs, search files, set reminders. But the most useful thing and something I'd use my phone for a lot is web searching.

Anyone think it's a pretty dumb name to use?

First it sounds like such a matronly "mum" name, or aunty.

Second it's very cumbersome. It's 3 syllables to say it. Such a chore in the context it's supposed to be something to save you time and effort.

Just thought I'd do a little rant about what I think about calling the DA Cortana.

Back