Mad Max PC System Requirements

HardOCP News

[H] News
There are minimum and recommended system requirements posted today on the Steam page for Mad Max. Overall, it looks like you are going to need a pretty decent rig to play the game:

Minimum:
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-650, 3.2 GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 Ghz
  • Memory: 6 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660ti (2 GB Memory or higher) or AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2 GB Memory or higher)
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Hard Drive: 32 GB available space

Recommended:
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz or AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (3 GB Memory or higher) or AMD Radeon HD 7970 (3 GB Memory or higher)
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Hard Drive: 32 GB available space

I am interested in this game but I will wait to see how the reviews go. There is some speculation on various forums this might game might be given to the PC players that bought Arkham Knight as an apology.

I'ts nice to see that games are finally coming out in 64bit only.

It's been frustrating me for years that in order to maintain compatibility with 32bit systems, games have come with 32 bit binaries only.

Civ5 suffers from this. Can't address enough VRAM to populate textures on all tiles, so on high end high resolution systems, you have constant grey tiles populating as you scroll over them, as it has to constantly swap textures in and out in order to stay within the 32bit address space, even if you have a modern card with a ton of VRAM.

And it's ridiculous. I mean, the last 32bit CPU was what, the Intel Core (before Core2) in what, 2005? That's 10 years ago.

Microsoft really should have killed off 32bit once and for all in the Win 10 release. Now we are going to be stuck with it forever, as they have promised to keep current Windows 10 alive for a very long time.

OSX already did away with it 4 years ago...

We need to let IA32 slip away into the night already.

Other than VRAM requirement, this looks fairly modest or at least in line with a modern mid range gaming system. I hope this means visual quality is going to be there and this isn't overcompensating for a crappy console port.

Other than VRAM requirement, this looks fairly modest or at least in line with a modern mid range gaming system. I hope this means visual quality is going to be there and this isn't overcompensating for a crappy console port.
I didn't know that at least 2GB of VRAM wasn't common on gaming machines these days.

I didn't know that at least 2GB of VRAM wasn't common on gaming machines these days.

Anything GTX460 and up in the Fermi line is really sufficient for general 1080p gaming still, and except for some late 570/580 cards, none of them have 2+GB of VRAM.

Back