Corsair Memory, PSUs, And CPU Coolers Pave The Way For Next Gen PC Processors

HardOCP News

[H] News
Corsair®, a leader in high-performance PC hardware, today announced the availability of a comprehensive product line-up supporting the upcoming 6th Gen Intel® Core™ desktop processors and motherboards based on the Intel® Z170 chipsets. All of Corsair’s current liquid CPU coolers and PC power supplies will be compatible with the new Intel desktop platform, along with a full line of validated DDR4 and DDR3L memory kits.

• Corsair DDR4/DDR3L Memory:Corsair has long been a leader in high-performance PC memory, playing a decisive part in dozens of current overclocking world records. Now the company brings this expertise and experience to support Intel’s upcoming new enthusiast desktop platform, delivering higher clock frequencies, increased memory bandwidth and lower power usage with Dominator® Platinum and Vengeance® LPX DDR4, and Vengeance LP and Vengeance Pro DDR3L memory lines. All memory kits are extensively validated with leading motherboard manufacturers to ensure maximum compatibility and easy configuration and overclocking with XMP 2.0 profiles. All of the Corsair memory kits are supplied with a limited lifetime warranty.
  • Corsair Hydro Series Liquid CPU coolers: All of Corsair’s award-winning Hydro Series™ liquid CPU coolers support the new and improved the 6th Gen Intel Core processors, as well as AMD and previous generation Intel CPUs, with no additional modifications, brackets, shims or adapters. From the affordable and reliable Hydro Series H55, to the dual-fan powered cooling of the H110i GTX, all Corsair Hydro Series liquid coolers are ready to deliver superior cooling, enabling higher overclocking speeds and quieter operation.
  • Corsair PC Power Supplies: As the most awarded and recommended PC power supply brand in the world1, Corsair is proud to announce that all of the company’s current range of power supplies will be compatible with 6th Gen Intel Core processors and Intel Z170 chipset based motherboards. With a wide range of efficiencies and features available, customers can select any PSU from the Corsair range, from the no-compromise 80 Plus Titanium AX1500i, to the affordable 80 Plus Bronze CX550 with the knowledge that their PSU is extensively tested for compatibility and ready to fuel the next generation of enthusiast PCs with stable, efficient power.

I know it may really surprise a lot of people, but when someone buys a retail boxed CPU, there's also this big chunk of metal with a little patch of goop or sometimes a square, grayish pad on it. Frequently, there's also a black, multi-bladed thing that has some wires sticking out of it. It's actually not just ballast to keep the box properly balanced during shipping. You can stick that thing on top of the CPU to keep it cool. It makes buying another cooler kinda pointless.

Soo its this a sign that Skylake is definitely announced august 5th?

I'm really hoping for a summer release.

Upgrading wanted!

The prices on DDR4 don't look right:
357nekk.png

Try to find a dual channel DDR4 Dominator Platinum kit or single sticks.

I know it may really surprise a lot of people, but when someone buys a retail boxed CPU, there's also this big chunk of metal with a little patch of goop or sometimes a square, grayish pad on it. Frequently, there's also a black, multi-bladed thing that has some wires sticking out of it. It's actually not just ballast to keep the box properly balanced during shipping. You can stick that thing on top of the CPU to keep it cool. It makes buying another cooler kinda pointless.

More like "It keeps it less hot, than it would with no heatsink at all, but still gets hot enough to throttle the CPU at stock clocks, oh and it's very noisy, and dumps all of its heat into the case where other components are.

I'd like to see you get to 5Ghz with a boxed cooler :p

Corsair is a great company. I have rarely see a company back up-their products to the point they do. Their warranties are fantastic, and their interactions with users on their forum is great.

Only criticism I will give them is that if Link is any indication, they don't seem to know how to manage a software product.

Assuming you are referring to the ones that do come with stock cooler, they are often just good enough to keep the CPU functional. 3rd party cooler offer additional benefits such as better cooling capacity which can either be used to allow overclocking, or quieter operation.

Another advantage I like with AIO cooler is that it allows me to set the radiator fans to exhaust and that means the hot air always flowing out of the casing and not affect the other components inside.

Zarathustra[H];1041767806 said:
More like "It keeps it less hot, than it would with no heatsink at all, but still gets hot enough to throttle the CPU at stock clocks, oh and it's very noisy, and dumps all of its heat into the case where other components are.

I'd like to see you get to 5Ghz with a boxed cooler :p

No CPU runs at 5Ghz anyway unless you're going for pointlessly silly overclocking that yields no useful benefit. Also, the t-junction on most CPUs is somewhere between 95 and 100 degrees C. They throttle around there to keep operating safely and, as far as I know, if you put your computer together properly to begin with, it should have no problems staying below that temperature on the thing-y that comes in the box. Anything below that is pretty much an academic exercise anyhow.

Assuming you are referring to the ones that do come with stock cooler, they are often just good enough to keep the CPU functional. 3rd party cooler offer additional benefits such as better cooling capacity which can either be used to allow overclocking, or quieter operation.

Another advantage I like with AIO cooler is that it allows me to set the radiator fans to exhaust and that means the hot air always flowing out of the casing and not affect the other components inside.

Good enough to keep the CPU functional and under a warranty for the duration of its useful life even. Intel wouldn't supply that warranty unless the company had confidence in the heatsink they included under a variety of adverse conditions. What more than "functional" do you want out of a computer? Functional and ten degrees cooler? So what? It's still working fine either way. Overclocking is pretty pointless anyhow since it adds not enough to be worth the cost, effort, and time.

Anyway, if you're worried about the heat in your computer case from the difference between a heatsink thing-y that came in a box or one that puts it next to a fan outlet, you probably didn't build your computer properly to begin with and something else is clearly wrong when that difference impacts the operation of the system. Personally, I've NEVER had that problem and neither do the many millions of HP, Dell, Packard Bell, NEC, IBM, Micron, etc companies out there that have made a lot more computers than anyone on this forum has built.

Back