NVIDIA GeForce Windows 10 Driver

HardOCP News

[H] News
NVIDIA has just put out new GeForce Windows 10 drivers for those of you that have already made the jump to Microsoft's latest OS.

NVIDIA has been working closely with Microsoft on the development of Windows 10 and DirectX 12. Coinciding with the arrival of Windows 10, this Game Ready driver includes the latest tweaks, bug fixes, and optimizations to ensure you have the best possible gaming experience.

So now my DirectX 9.0c games will run at the speed of Direct X 12. Think of all the eye candy.

These are the same ones that were pushed out to Insiders last week, FYI. After a couple earlier blunders, these work well.

So now my DirectX 9.0c games will run at the speed of Direct X 12. Think of all the eye candy.

Not sure if sarcasm or legitimate lack of understanding on your part but windows 10 and dx12 don't magically make games faster. The game would have to be patched to dx12 and there are only 2-3 games that have announced that they will patch dx12 so far.

Not sure if sarcasm or legitimate lack of understanding on your part but windows 10 and dx12 don't magically make games faster. The game would have to be patched to dx12 and there are only 2-3 games that have announced that they will patch dx12 so far.

Looked like sarcasm to me.

The games that are supposedly getting DX12 patches:

Batman: Arkham Knight
Witcher 3
Project Cars
Fallout 4
GTA5

souce: Google, baby

I have them installed on my 980 Ti box so far. No issues with the install or TDRs yet.

it was illegitimate sarcasm

DSR in win 10 doesn't work well.

Playing Heroes of the Storm, you pick a DSR resolution in game, alt tab out and you get a black screen only.

You then have to reset in game settings, reboot and then connect again to the game. Haven't tried other games.

Witcher 3 might be getting a dx12 patch somewhere down the line. No guarantees.

These are the same ones that were pushed out to Insiders last week, FYI. After a couple earlier blunders, these work well.

I just downloaded 353.62, but it wasnt win10 version...doh!

The link brought me to the right place. Thanks Steve

Now that DX12 is finally "here" I want to see some 2/4/6/8 core comparisons to see what really performs

I don't think a game has to be specifically written for DX12 in order to take advantage of the improved thread scheduling in W10, but I could be wrong.

I don't think a game has to be specifically written for DX12 in order to take advantage of the improved thread scheduling in W10, but I could be wrong.

I got rotten tomatoes of scorn thrown at me when I vaguely suggested that in another thread.

anyone else having gamma problems with these drivers?

when i exit a game my gamma level is all screwed up and i have to reset it.

Some report that SLI gets broken with Win10 current drivers. Anyone else notice?

I don't know if its a nvidia or windows problem but scaling is still broken.

Am I missing something? Shadowplay seems to be completely missing from the Geforce Experience app in 353.62 under Windows 10.

Huh... Well, I'll completely remove and re-install it again.

Am I reading the above correctly? There is 353.62 and 353.62 for Windows 10? Two versions? I used the NVIDIA website and selected Windows 10 64-bit.

Am I reading the above correctly? There is 353.62 and 353.62 for Windows 10? Two versions? I used the NVIDIA website and selected Windows 10 64-bit.

I don't know about that. My 353.62 installed automatically when I upgraded to 10.

Kind of weird - if you try to install the one from the Nvidia site, Windows Update still tries to install their version on top of it. Clearly they're not completely identical.

holy shit.. draw calls on dx12 are near 18million per second, now unsure if upgrade cpu/mobo/ram or just wait for dx12 games

Legacy driver relased:
http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/87988

GeForce 400 Series
GeForce 405
GeForce 300 Series
GeForce GT 340, GeForce GT 330, GeForce GT 320, GeForce 315, GeForce 310
GeForce 200 Series
GeForce GTX 295, GeForce GTX 285, GeForce GTX 280, GeForce GTX 275, GeForce GTX 260, GeForce GTS 250, GeForce GTS 240, GeForce GT 230, GeForce GT 240, GeForce GT 220, GeForce G210, GeForce 210, GeForce 205
GeForce 100 Series
GeForce GT 140, GeForce GT 130, GeForce GT 120, GeForce G100
GeForce 9 Series
GeForce 9800 GX2, GeForce 9800 GTX/GTX , GeForce 9800 GT, GeForce 9600 GT, GeForce 9600 GSO, GeForce 9600 GSO 512, GeForce 9600 GS, GeForce 9500 GT, GeForce 9500 GS, GeForce 9400 GT, GeForce 9400, GeForce 9300 GS, GeForce 9300 GE, GeForce 9300 SE, GeForce 9300, GeForce 9200, GeForce 9100
GeForce 8 Series
GeForce 8800 Ultra, GeForce 8800 GTX, GeForce 8800 GTS 512, GeForce 8800 GTS, GeForce 8800 GT, GeForce 8800 GS, GeForce 8600 GTS, GeForce 8600 GT, GeForce 8600 GS, GeForce 8500 GT, GeForce 8400 GS, GeForce 8400 SE, GeForce 8400, GeForce 8300 GS, GeForce 8300, GeForce 8200, GeForce 8200 /nForce 730a, GeForce 8100 /nForce 720a
ION (Desktops)
ION
ION LE (Desktops)
ION LE

Yeah, Windows installed it's own 353.62 but I noticed there was no mention of Shadowplay at all in the GeForce Experience (i wanted to enable it).

I went to NVIDIA's site and downloaded 353.62 for Windows 10 64-bit and installed it (checked off Clean Installation) and I still don't have any way to enable Shadowplay. Doesn't even seem to be an option.

Yeah, Windows installed it's own 353.62 but I noticed there was no mention of Shadowplay at all in the GeForce Experience (i wanted to enable it).

I went to NVIDIA's site and downloaded 353.62 for Windows 10 64-bit and installed it (checked off Clean Installation) and I still don't have any way to enable Shadowplay. Doesn't even seem to be an option.

Does it appear in the install menu?
I had all the options listed (Driver, 3D, PhysX, Geforce Experience (needed for Shadowplay) HD audio etc.) when installing the driver from NVIDIA's site.

Mine has Shadowplay.
Probably worth mentioning - I had an earlier version of the drivers (353.49) installed, so I already he the GeForce experience installed on my machine. I don't believe it's bundled with the Windows Update version of the driver. Anyway, when I opened up the Geforce experience, it updated that software automatically and tossed Shadowplay on, too.

Mine has Shadowplay.
Probably worth mentioning - I had an earlier version of the drivers (353.49) installed, so I already he the GeForce experience installed on my machine. I don't believe it's bundled with the Windows Update version of the driver. Anyway, when I opened up the Geforce experience, it updated that software automatically and tossed Shadowplay on, too.

Good point. I was running 353.49 with GFE as well.

Any data on Frame Time Latency improvement from windows 7? Guru3d same frame times are about the same as Windows 8.1, but nothing comparing to 7 :(.

Got home from work, booted up my PC (I don't usually shut it down but I did last night) and boom. I have Shadowplay as an option again. The button is right next to my username at the top right of the GFE.

I was most definitely not there last night.

Weird.

is this the first time that there's a new directx version and there's nothing with it besides a single benchmark from 3dmark ?

whoever gets something done with dx12 first, be it a benchmark or game will get good money just out of curiosity..

This driver and my wife's GTX680/16x10 Viewsonic don't jive. In fact, I can't get it to work with anything except the normal (horrible) MS VGA driver.

Back