Steam Client Update Released

HardOCP News

[H] News
Valve's has released an update for Steam that includes, among other things, Steam Broadcasting, the FPS counter, a Linux bug fix and more. Hit the link for the complete list of features and fixes.

Added Steam Broadcasting.
Added in-game FPS counter to Steam Overlay
Reduced CPU usage when interacting with the main Steam client window
Fixed a rare Linux bug where Steam could delete user files when failing to start

Already seen several people/articles declaring sites like Twitch are on life-support now that Steam Broadcasting is out. :rolleyes:

It does what it says on the tin, but it ain't no Twitch killer yet

It's nice that the stream is only a couple seconds behind though vs like 30 on Twitch

I'd like a Steam update where their servers don't need to go down several times every week. Maybe have a little redundancy or some such?

Already seen several people/articles declaring sites like Twitch are on life-support now that Steam Broadcasting is out. :rolleyes:

I like twitch, but the monetization is retarded. If you want to stream, awesome, but im not paying you or watching ads. I hope Amazon actually does something with twitch besides fuel monetization dreams. What Steam Broadcasting means is that only good, entertaining streamers will be rewarded on Twitch. So tired of every teen wannabe setting up a sttream and getting butthurt because he isnt getting the big money form it.

I like twitch, but the monetization is retarded. If you want to stream, awesome, but im not paying you or watching ads. I hope Amazon actually does something with twitch besides fuel monetization dreams. What Steam Broadcasting means is that only good, entertaining streamers will be rewarded on Twitch. So tired of every teen wannabe setting up a sttream and getting butthurt because he isnt getting the big money form it.

I do not understand your position. Are you saying Amazon should get the government to buy Twitch and make it a public watch-people-gaming service, as obviously that should be a major priority of the government...or something else?

I'd like a Steam update where their servers don't need to go down several times every week. Maybe have a little redundancy or some such?

Has been solid for me and over my 2 weeks x-mas vacation never went down, i was always able to access it, and i live in Costa Rica...

I do not understand your position. Are you saying Amazon should get the government to buy Twitch and make it a public watch-people-gaming service, as obviously that should be a major priority of the government...or something else?

He's just being butthurt about people being butthurt about not getting money. :D

It does what it says on the tin, but it ain't no Twitch killer yet

It's nice that the stream is only a couple seconds behind though vs like 30 on Twitch

They're going to make it 30 once people start using it to broadcast tournaments, though. It has to adjustable anyway.

The Steam client has become so cluttered that I loathe to open it. It's fucking awful because it's essentially a stripped-down web browser that is trying to display tons of shit in a rudimentary, site-like format.

Back