News Corp. And Google In A War of Words

HardOCP News

[H] News
The funny thing about the quote below is that it could apply to either company. :D

“The company has evolved from a wonderfully feisty, creative Silicon Valley start-up to a vast, powerful, often unaccountable bureaucracy,” Robert Thomson, News Corporation’s chief executive, said in a letter to the European Commission. “This development reflects the exponential evolution from a company that is open to one that is selectively closed and willing to exploit its dominant market position to stifle competition.”

Anyone with half a brain would take anything that comes out of Newscorp (or any of its subsidiaries) with a grain of salt.

Newscorp is a organization attempting to gain monopoly in the segments it serves by intentionally plays fast and loose with the facts, and doing anything to forward its market share, ethical or not

I wouldn't trust them as far as I can throw them.

"unaccountable bureaucracy" LOL what is that guy smoking? That's Newscorp, not google.

Just how is it that News Corp, a media company, can stifle competition? :-/

Just how is it that News Corp, a media company, can stifle competition? :-/

Google news corp antitrust (and add a -google to remove todays news) and you'll find that they very often are fighting antitrust battles of their own, aquiring (or attempting to) rival newspapers and other media outlets.

Simply to many links and stories for me to copy and paste them here for you. I could spend the rest of my day doing that...

Isn't most of News Corp's management in jail? I'm trying to understand why they still have an FCC license in our country.

Isn't most of News Corp's management in jail? I'm trying to understand why they still have an FCC license in our country.

Can you imagine the shit storm and accusations of political misdeeds if the FCC reporting to the Obama administration withdrew the license for Fox News? :p

Besides, do cable channels need an FCC license or is that just broadcasters? I forget how all that works...

Zarathustra[H];1041102680 said:
Can you imagine the shit storm and accusations of political misdeeds if the FCC reporting to the Obama administration withdrew the license for Fox News? :p

Besides, do cable channels need an FCC license or is that just broadcasters? I forget how all that works...
The request has been in the FCC's files for over two years now. The rules do specifically disallow licenses for criminals. Oops I mean criminal corporations.

Zarathustra[H];1041101818 said:
Google news corp antitrust (and add a -google to remove todays news) and you'll find that they very often are fighting antitrust battles of their own, aquiring (or attempting to) rival newspapers and other media outlets.

Simply to many links and stories for me to copy and paste them here for you. I could spend the rest of my day doing that...

Seems to me like others have done fine in the wake of this "conspiracy." CNN, the big three, thousands of local news outlets, plus the Internet...

This appears to be nothing more than left wing conspiracy quackery.

Must be a living hell when your shit is so shaky if an opposing view gets some artime its the end of the world for you and you can only attack the messenger.

Must be a living hell when your shit is so shaky if an opposing view gets some artime its the end of the world for you and you can only attack the messenger.
FNC is and has always been a Roger Ailes project. It has a specific intent, but it is not to inform. As for the FCC please take your complaint up with the filers of this petition. I was just sharing the info that News Corp. currently operates outside FCC regulations in our country and steps are being taken to enforce it.

I'm perfectly fine with opposing views. I support people having their own opinions and discussing them to grow their understanding of subjects.

What I DO NOT support is people having their own facts, and propaganda organizations like Newscorp and Fox intentionally spreading misinformation on one side of the political discussion for years on end.

There is no doubt about it. Newscorp and its subsidiaries really have nothing to do with news. They are an intentional and persistent misinformation and spin machine to provide propaganda for one political side, thinly disguised as news.

The sad part is, their legal case Akre v Fox News in the Florida appeals court reaffirmed their right not only to intentionally misinform the public, but also to force their employees to do so on their behalf.

Readers digest version:

Having your own, differing opinion: Not only OK, but encouraged!
Having your own facts: NOT OK. Facts are facts, opinions are opinions. Never confuse the two. :rolleyes:
Intentionally misinforming the public in order to create their own facts: Ought to be outright criminal. :mad:

FNC is and has always been a Roger Ailes project. It has a specific intent, but it is not to inform. As for the FCC please take your complaint up with the filers of this petition. I was just sharing the info that News Corp. currently operates outside FCC regulations in our country and steps are being taken to enforce it.
Comment also goes for the folks that run the FCC.

Somebody shutting down their most public critics is worthy of a "hmmmm?"

Comment also goes for the folks that run the FCC.

Somebody shutting down their most public critics is worthy of a "hmmmm?"
The channel content isn't relevant to anything except some bruised egos. The simple fact is, completely aside from political views, they're a bunch of convicted criminals who have zero business holding any kind of license from our government.

Back