MIT Built A Robotic Cheetah

I'm sorry but this is more like an over sized pregnant rabbit, not a cheetah.
Way better than i could do though :D

They're missing an important piece to a cheetah's movement: the spine flexing.

I think the fact that it's "wireless" is pretty impressive. Normally you see these things with a huge bundle of power/hydraulic cables and whatnot coming off of them.

The Boston Dynamics robots are more fun to watch and seem more agile/resilient... but it's cool to see battery tech catching up

I believe MIT is attempting to prepare us for when the robots finally attack....unfortunately, I believe anything that mother nature has created probably has too many inefficiencies for a computer to accept as a proper exterminator....I'd assume the sentient machines would just create a nanovirus and kill us all silently.

Very cool cheetah video, thanks for sharing. They are amazing creatures. Gods wonders are indescribable sometimes.

The hopping pig was cool just needed some rocket launchers and machine guns.

The front pair of legs and the rear pair appear to move together rather than separately. So essentially it's hopping. Not very cheetah-like.

no if they can just perfect a robotic antelope slow enough to let this thing catch it .... they'd be on to something.

Gonna be cool in about 10-20 years when these are faster, more realistic and running around everywhere eating slow, fat people. I'm sure kids who are just born will laugh at this when they're adults and looking back on the tech of yesteryear .

Back