ECS L337 GANK Drone Z87H3-A3X

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at Overclockers Club have posted a review of the ECS L337 GANK Drone Z87H3-A3X motherboard today for your viewing pleasure. Here's a quote from the review:

The ECS L337 GANK DRONE Z87H3-A3X was a breeze to overclock. Literally setting the CPU multiplier to 45, setting the CPU and RING voltage, and using the XMP profile for the memory was all that was needed for 4500MHz! The launch BIOS is also the only BIOS available and seems to be perfectly stable. In all of the testing there were no stability issues from the motherboard

I don't know which will affect this motherboard's sales worse: ECS's terrible reputation on enthusiast motherboards or the horrific name that wouldn't even appeal to an 8 year old.

Leet gank drone...that sounds like a name for an mmo bot that automates all the tedious newb ganking.

First thing that popped into my head was .... Wtf, are they using auto voltage? Almost all haswell chips will do 4.5GHZ easy with enough volts. It's more a matter of properly cooling them not how high you can overclock them. Hand in hand......

Lost in silliness is Intel base clock is still 100Mhz, rather than the 300Mhz my 8350 runs on.

15x 300 vs 45x 100, it's all the same.

Back