Google's Mulling Wi-Fi for Cities with Google Fiber

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Google just loves to stir the pot. It seems the company lives to give local ISPs cause to have a massive coronaries by mere mention of coming into a new area. Now Google may just be adding insult to injury by developing city-wide Wi-Fi in areas served by Google Fiber.

If the plan goes ahead, it would be a further step by Google toward competition with traditional telecom carriers.

We are juiced up here so much for cellphone charges. Google can create more competition I am totally for it. Google come to Vancouver :).

Given up on believing Google might bring fiber to San Francisco because there's too many butt hurt hippies who are crapping (literally) on their buses and bitching up a storm.

hmmm, I wonder if fiber customers could get free access to the wifi. Then they wouldnt need a carrier for their phone (as long as they stayed in town) and could just use VOIP calling and wifi for data...

hmmm, I wonder if fiber customers could get free access to the wifi. Then they wouldnt need a carrier for their phone (as long as they stayed in town) and could just use VOIP calling and wifi for data...

That would be cool.. and then Google could block errr not "fastlane" comcast content and give the FCC and Comcast the big finger for their version of net neutrality.

Back