Kickstarter Project Turns Real World Into FPS Game

Very cool work they're doing! I could imagine it being viable on a smartphone in a few years.

watch out for small dogs and open manholes!

Totally awesome, hope it works on tablets too.

this looks cool, but how does it map textures for a new space? Or is it just set physical places that you aren't actually in? Either way it's a damn cool tech demo and makes me really excited about the future of games.

Gotta agree that it looks very cool. What it needs is something to auto map the environment based on video input.

I've discussed this idea with friends...years ago. I'm not sure if these guys took the idea from other people or are the originators from way back when, but this concept has been around a while. It says they started in 2010 so it's probably the same guys. Back then my main discussion point was that it could be used in places like laser tag or paint ball is today.

I'm a bit skeptical about this, but if it really works well it could be really cool... But some idiots could kill themselves with it so they might make it illegal.

One immediate issue I see, your FOV is so narrow... I could see easily tripping over things, and what is to stop someone from just holding their gun off to the side to see the whole "battlefield" :p

If you want to turn the real world into a tactical shooter then go play paintball or airsoft.

Back