Lenovo Takes the Lead in (still) Shrinking PC Market

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
In what has been described as the worst year for PC’s ever, there still has to be a leader of the pack in sales. Lenovo has overtaken HP as the sales leader of the PC market.

"Although PC shipments continued to decline in the worldwide market in the fourth quarter, we increasingly believe markets, such as the US, have bottomed out as the adjustment to the installed base slows."

I almost went with an HP 15z-j100 notebook but the Lenovo y510p won me over. It's a pretty damn good laptop-- really good speakers, 750M GT SLI, and an i7 4200M with a 1TB hybrid hard drive. I got it for Christmas as a gift, and it's working really well. It feels like a better built laptop too.

This year, according to "limited" in the Mobile Computing subforums here, a Lenovo y50 with 860M and a 4K screen is coming out, which is awesome.

I hope to god we don't have to listen to these reports about the PC market shrinking and shrinking and shrinking, continuously for years to come. But, we will and it's more annoying each time.

Hopefully, within the next 10 years we can get phones / tablets GPU's just as powerful as today's 780's and R9 290's with the ability to wireless display games right on to our 4k and 8k TV's.

Once this bridge is gaped this types of reports will be meaningless.

The Nvidia's Tegra K1 is a good start in that direction

I have a Lenovo T530 as my work laptop computer and it is good so far ... decent power and size ... I wasn't looking for ultra mobility but they have some good offerings in that area also :)

I hope to god we don't have to listen to these reports about the PC market shrinking and shrinking and shrinking, continuously for years to come. But, we will and it's more annoying each time.

Hopefully, within the next 10 years we can get phones / tablets GPU's just as powerful as today's 780's and R9 290's with the ability to wireless display games right on to our 4k and 8k TV's.

Once this bridge is gaped this types of reports will be meaningless.

The Nvidia's Tegra K1 is a good start in that direction

Sure we will, just as you could stream games of 10 years ago today on those devices...of course in 10 years a mobile gpu will be as strong as a 290 by today's speeds.. what video cards were out 10 years ago that your mobile device could easily play now....

In 10 years, games will be bigger, heavier and need more resources just as games today...are more needy than games of 10 years ago.....

you know why arket is shrinking? there is no software that pushes the overpowered pcs everybody has and makes or needs them to update so everybody is buying tablets a and 2nd device because the pc they got is already overpowered for most peoples use.

thye will all run any version of windows they do not need to upgrade the hardware, hell even windows xp will work good enough for most people and small biz users and everybody has windows 7.

only the people that need hardcore power are buying.

even games do not push the pcs enough. there is no hardcore reason to upgrade there is crysis 3 an ok shoooter that looks good but dont blow anybodys mind enought to upgrade like doom in 1993 quake unreal or doom 3.

There's an X220, X230, and X240 in my house now. Lenovo makes some great stuff!

Good! Hopefully people stop buying $700-$800 laptops with poor gamut 1366x768 screens.

Back