GeForce 331.58 WHQL Drivers Released

HardOCP News

[H] News
NVIDIA sends word that the new GeForce 331.58 WHQL drivers are available for download.

An essential update for all GeForce GTX users, 331.58 WHQL is the Game Ready driver for Batman: Arkham Origins and Battlefield 4, ensuring your system attains peak performance in the two eagerly-anticipated titles. In addition to upcoming releases, performance has been increased in DiRT Showdown (up to 11%), Metro: Last Light (up to 9%), Sleeping Dogs (up to 8%), and Sniper Elite V2 (up to 13%), too.

331.58 WHQL also includes features, profiles, and changes from recent beta releases, like the major update to our NVIDIA Control Panel (NVCPL) Ambient Occlusion (AO) override feature, first introduced in 331.40 beta. An easy-to-use tool for applying fidelity-enhancing, realistic shading and shadowing to games that do not natively support the feature, the quality of NVCPL AO has been drastically improved with the introduction of HBAO+.

been waiting for these...thanks for the heads up...been using 314.22 for a long time...tried and liked the last WHQL 327.23 drivers so hopefully this new branch will fix all the issues with the last bunch of drivers

Disappointed by the lack of Rome 2 optimizations. :(

Is that 3 drivers now where there have been no Rome 2 optimizations from Nvidia? It's pretty clear at this point that Nvidia and CA have proven that they are not working together on optimization. It just seems Nvidia and many of Sega's titles lack any collaboration.

Disappointed by the lack of Rome 2 optimizations. :(

Thats because CA doesnt care about performance. Most people who play their games dont have the slightest clue. Just check the official forums though, no one is getting good frames in that game no matter what rig they have, the engine is so CPU bottlenecked its not even funny. SLI or any other optimizations would do nothing for that game, they need to fix the engine first.

I actually wish hardocp would do a performance review for Rome 2. The more bad press they receive on the performance front the better. Might actually make CA do something about it.

Does this release fix the issues with the new "Ctrl + Alt + S" and "Ctrl + Alt + R" key combinations?

Supposed to allow quick-switching between Extended (3 separate displays) and Spanned (3 displays spanned together), but instead both key combinations drop to single-screen...

Thats because CA doesnt care about performance. Most people who play their games dont have the slightest clue. Just check the official forums though, no one is getting good frames in that game no matter what rig they have, the engine is so CPU bottlenecked its not even funny. SLI or any other optimizations would do nothing for that game, they need to fix the engine first.

I actually wish hardocp would do a performance review for Rome 2. The more bad press they receive on the performance front the better. Might actually make CA do something about it.

My cousin says he has no issues with the game.. after patch 4 everything better. Maybe update?

My cousin says he has no issues with the game.. after patch 4 everything better. Maybe update?

I havent bought it, I'm waiting to see if it matures. Lots of people say "it runs fine for me" etc... but when asked what frames they are getting after reporting smooth gameplay they never say what their actual fps are. If you look at the official forums people with Titans get the same performance as people with lower end cards. Personally I am not touching it until the performance is on par with Shogun 2.

EDIT: just have a look at this thread. Most of these people are reporting after patching with patch 5. http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/105549-Hi-end-CPUs-CA-we-want-answers-Please-all-reply.?

My desktop freezes with these drivers, using 560ti.

is this a known issue?

is this a known issue?

I have the same problem, and have had it with every driver that's been released after 314.22. We're not the only ones experiencing problems - if you search around, you'll see that many 560 Ti owners are also experiencing freezing and blue screens with the newer Nvidia drivers.

I've rolled back to the 314.22 drivers for now.

I hope these mean I can play BF4 on release. The beta drivers/game were so unstable for me I couldn't get into the game 80% of the time, and when I did I couldn't last for more than a few minutes without crashing.

is this a known issue?

Bad news, but it's probably the 560 card.

I have the same problem, and have had it with every driver that's been released after 314.22. We're not the only ones experiencing problems - if you search around, you'll see that many 560 Ti owners are also experiencing freezing and blue screens with the newer Nvidia drivers.

I've rolled back to the 314.22 drivers for now.

Yes I have one too and I experienced what Zero stated. None of the newer ones work for me. THis wasn't a problem initially but BF4 forces you to use updated drivers. Well the beta forced me. But yea there is something def wrong with 560's with newer drivers.

Does this new driver fix the window maximization to a single monitor when using surround mode?
Before the last two updates. I could open a window (for example Chrome, Firefox, Office) and it would open up on one monitor at full screen. Now with the last drivers, every time I open a new window (no matter what program it is) it opens on all three monitors.
Not a deal breaker for me but quite annoying none the less.

I'm running triple titans on triple surround monitors and I'm having lock up issues. I decided to restore my computer since 8.1 just came out and used these latest drivers and it just randomly locks. I can move the mouse around and it makes noises if I plug a USB device in, but I can't ctrl alt delete or anything else.

Well after some gaming test, no issues at all on none of my machines... No differences with the last beta driver, it seems that its the same driver just certicated..

This seems to have fixed an issue from the beta drivers where the taskbar was being erratic (in tandem with using DisplayFusion) after exiting a game or resuming from sleep mode. Seems pretty solid to me. Hopefully these truly are BF4 ready.

Thank you, that's exactly the problem I was having.

Also, FWIW, Windows 8 has pretty much eliminated my reliance on Display Fusion.

I'm running triple titans on triple surround monitors and I'm having lock up issues. I decided to restore my computer since 8.1 just came out and used these latest drivers and it just randomly locks. I can move the mouse around and it makes noises if I plug a USB device in, but I can't ctrl alt delete or anything else.

A client of mine has two systems, one 3 Titans in SLI and one with 3 780's in sli. He reported that both of them crash frequently with the new drivers. He uninstalled and went back to the previous WHQL without any issues. However, I run them on my 3 680's just fine, so it looks like there might be an issue with these and 700 series in 3 way sli.

Went back to 326.80. These drivers are a bit buggy. Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas crash about 60 to 90 minutes into gameplay. With 326.80s I don't crash at all in several hours.

Guys my 3 780 GTXs arent Downclocking in windows? any ideas why? Just started after installing this driver.

Power off PC for a few seconds. Reinstall drivers. Still a problem?

Yes I have one too and I experienced what Zero stated. None of the newer ones work for me. THis wasn't a problem initially but BF4 forces you to use updated drivers. Well the beta forced me. But yea there is something def wrong with 560's with newer drivers.

This is actually an on going issue. I have sent my 560 GTX Ti to nVidia, they paid for me to send it to them because I was having the same issues you both stated. If your having issues with every driver like I was having, Send an e-mail to [email protected] it goes directly to https://forums.geforce.com/member/1734590/

If you're interested in sending them your card in hopes to fix the issue, they will send you a loner graphics card with 3 days shipping that you can use till they fix the issue.

needless to say, I no longer have a 560 GTX Ti but that-s an entirely another story which you ask me for in PM.

In the offical forums for drivers, Manuel has stated multiple times they are looking for people who will willingly lone their graphics cards to nvidia because there in house reference models are NOT producing the same issues yet people with MSI/ASUS/EVGA are having issues with freezings etc.

They paid for the shipping from Fedex, and they paid to ship me the loner card.

ManuelG said:
ShotgunSean said:
i had some freezing with the 326.80 beta but it wasnt as often as the last beta but i did have system desktop lockups also had a issue with the 326.80 beta occassionally crashing just dont have the dump file but if i try it again and it does it again i will give it a go

Thanks. If you are located in the USA and would be willing to loan us your graphics card, that would help us as well.

^ He was responding to a 560 GTX Ti user.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...-freeze-or-tdr-thread-w-geforce-460-560-gpus/

And the above link is proof of the ongoing issues.

Last edited:
In the offical forums for drivers, Manuel has stated multiple times they are looking for people who will willingly lone their graphics cards to nvidia because there in house reference models are NOT producing the same issues yet people with MSI/ASUS/EVGA are having issues with freezings etc.

That's impossible, we went through this whole deal 12-18 months ago, same exact thing!!! They should have a pile of these cards by now. Mine's lying in a shoebox as of last week, pos 560 tdr @ desktop card lol. Just browse ebay and craigslist with firefox for an hour.

That's impossible, we went through this whole deal 12-18 months ago, same exact thing!!! They should have a pile of these cards by now. Mine's lying in a shoebox as of last week, pos 560 tdr @ desktop card lol. Just browse ebay and craigslist with firefox for an hour.

Just sent them my 560 GTX Ti on the 7th of this month as per request.. so.. apparently not?

A client of mine has two systems, one 3 Titans in SLI and one with 3 780's in sli. He reported that both of them crash frequently with the new drivers. He uninstalled and went back to the previous WHQL without any issues. However, I run them on my 3 680's just fine, so it looks like there might be an issue with these and 700 series in 3 way sli.

Then I'll definitely hold off.

Back