New Thief Gameplay Trailer

What the FUCK? Why do they INSIST on dropping voice actors who are synonymous with classic characters? First Sam Fisher, now this fucking horseshit.

Garrett is supposed to be world-weary, but he sounds like he's fucking 20 in the new game. Do any of these creative directors have a fucking clue about anything? I also like his arms and hands look all scrawny and messed up in the game.

yeah you've changed! You changed voice actors you dipsticks! sounds like someone reading lines and no feeling conveyed in the lines he speeks..... no humorous tone or any sense of emotion in that video.

What the FUCK? Why do they INSIST on dropping voice actors who are synonymous with classic characters? First Sam Fisher, now this fucking horseshit.

Garrett is supposed to be world-weary, but he sounds like he's fucking 20 in the new game. Do any of these creative directors have a fucking clue about anything? I also like his arms and hands look all scrawny and messed up in the game.

he couldnt do the mo-cap work they wanted so thats why the new guy

and if you dont want to read the whole thing
“Being able to capture the voice at the same time as the actors’ movements and facial expressions, all while the actors play off each other, delivers a much more convincing experience than traditional techniques of recording each characters’ dialogue separately and then animating everything by hand afterwards,”

^^ That's the same thing they did on Splinter Cell Blacklist. It's a cool idea but it's a double edged sword when you take a hit in the VA quality.

That I am disappointed with here as I was on SC:B. Thankfully SC:B is damned awesome and I got over it in about 10 minutes. Hopefully that will happen here, too.

I don't think this is going to be a SC:B. I think it's going to be a SimCity, sadly.

The stupid part of their excuse for changing classic voice actors is that most dialog from the main char are not seen.

Splintercell, most of sam's voicework happens when you are looking at the back of his head while he is talking over comms. The only time is when there is a front view during pre-rendered scenes.

This looks even more of the same since it is a first person game.

The stupid part of their excuse for changing classic voice actors is that most dialog from the main char are not seen.

Splintercell, most of sam's voicework happens when you are looking at the back of his head while he is talking over comms. The only time is when there is a front view during pre-rendered scenes.

This looks even more of the same since it is a first person game.

Garrett always has most of his face covered anyway.

That voice actor sucks big time, for such s big AAA title you couldnt find someone worth while to read the lines, sounds like he is from the movie Twilight....

Looks promising to me.

This.

Unfortunately, also this. He sounds like a douche.

Looks like fun. I loved Thief 2, didn't bother with the later ones.

OMG! The game is complete and total shit because of the actors voice! At least play the game before you know for a fact its total shit.

OMG! The game is complete and total shit because of the actors voice! At least play the game before you know for a fact its total shit.

Exactly. People need to pay $60 before they can voice their opnions about things that are presented to us by a game marketing department.

How many people here actually said the game itself was going to be shit because the VA was shit? You pretty much just pulled that conclusion out of your ass.

I'm not a fan of the VA either, but I'm more concerned with the game length and difficulty. I hope they don't muck that up for consoles.

p0awc.jpg

It's a reboot, they are hoping fans of the originals died along with the previous franchise developers.

The developers are going to be at the comic-con in NY this weekend. I'll be there solely for the free t-shirt they're giving out, but I hope someone makes a fuss about the loss of Stephen Russell. Not having him just reeks of laziness. (Oh no, they'll have to dub audio!)

I read some of the press for the game, it doesn't sound like a thief game at all by what the studio is saying. I'm not going to panic or anything here but I will definitely wait and see, Garrett isn't supposed to be a super Call of Ninja Duty Combatant.

Same excuse they gave for the Sam Fisher change as well. I don't really buy it.

Not really an excuse.. A fact. Mocap and performances are the future of gaming. New talent is required for this. You guys act like acting is easy and cheap to find.

As for the game. I will pass judgement on the final product. I am not going to allow a trailer and some internet kids or reviews to make up my mind.

Looks to me that we are not the target market anymore. Most 14 year olds could care less about the voice acting or maybe expect someone to sound like todays top 40 male artists. Boyish.

Not really an excuse.. A fact. Mocap and performances are the future of gaming. New talent is required for this.
Odd claim considering every actor in any major film produced in the last twenty to thirty years probably re-recorded all or the majority of his or her lines in a studio session.

A competent actor can deliver poignant dialog regardless of circumstance. If he or she can't in an ADR session, he or she is an incompetent actor. Stephen Russell is a more than competent actor.

the whole bridge scene bothers me.. hopefully it was just a cut scene and not another game that relies on endless jumping puzzles..

i miss going through the city and emptying it out

The developers are going to be at the comic-con in NY this weekend. I'll be there solely for the free t-shirt they're giving out, but I hope someone makes a fuss about the loss of Stephen Russell. Not having him just reeks of laziness. (Oh no, they'll have to dub audio!)

Wish I was still up north I would go to this panel just to have a chance to mention it and see what they say lol

Garrett does sound like a douche and new VA are certainly disappointing. The game does look promising though. Perhaps if it's moddable someone will be able to create better voiceovers. I wonder how this will compare to Metal Age which was the best Thief game IMO.

It always cracked me up that even though Garrett was always hiding his face, guards always knew it was him. :)

From a die-hard Thief fan, I'd also say it looks promising. The look and feel seems to be there.
His voice - not so much. Well...it sounds like he's trying too hard to copy Stephen Russell - and falling short. Too bad they felt this "full performance capture" crap was the way to go. Russell's a professional and "made" Garret.

Back