Microsoft Investors Looking For Turnaround Expert CEO?

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to Reuters, a handful of Microsoft investors are pushing for a "turnaround expert" CEO. I'm not sure about all that but I do think they should stick with someone from the tech industry.

At least three of the top 20 investors in Microsoft Corp want a turnaround expert to succeed Steve Ballmer as chief executive and have urged the technology giant's board to consider Ford Motor Co CEO Alan Mulally and Computer Sciences Corp CEO Mike Lawrie for the job, several sources familiar with the matter said.

Investors can go suck a bag of d**ks...

How has anything other than start-up money helped an industry?
Investors nowadays don't seem to care about anything more than just getting a quick profit.

They should hire Mitt Romney. I hear he has a great track record of turning around companies, almost 1 in 2.

Fire the Metro team and call it a day, yeesh. And put the server guys in charge.

Do they know how Windows Phone 8 would do in the business space if it actually integrated into AD / exchange / group policy / etc?

They need to work on releasing great pieces of software that consumers and business actually want. Making them think differently can work here and there, but the way Metro is implemented is clumsy and counterintuitive. I don't know who they're trying to impress but it's not working.

Alan Mulally or someone like him would probably be beneficial if they could succeed in getting the various businesses talking and working together, instead of letting one division bully all the others. Ford was kind of similar to that before he came onboard. The problem being with this however is that he's 68, he's probably not going to want to stay around the 5-10 years to get that done.

Mike Lawrie would be great for helping MS get organized and re-focused. For the sake of my 401k, that is heavily invested in my current employer, I hope Mike does not get pulled away from CSC.

Wait I just had a better idea for my 401k, maybe MS will buy CSC to get Lawrie to be a candidate much like the speculation that they bought Nokia to get their CEO......

Yes...... I would love that!

This translates into, gut master to liquidate the company for maximum investor profits. Mr. Dell is doing it right. Fuck investors.

is Computer Sciences Corp the same godawful CSC that makes the riskmaster software I have to deal with at work?

While I think CSC has horrible service the fellow running it has made them bigger. However I don't think he would have a good vision for the future of Windows.

This implies beancounter. We don't need no stinkin' bean counter.

We need someone that listens to customers and gives them what they want, not what Microsoft thinks we should have.

We don't necessarily need someone who listens to customers either. We need someone with a vision for the future.

We need someone that listens to customers and gives them what they want, not what Microsoft thinks we should have.

And just doing everything that customers want is just being an order taker. Just about anytime progress is made in the human experience, some feathers get ruffled, that's just how it works.

*to clarify due to no edit* I mean customer input is valuable but should not be the only driving factor.

Investors can go suck a bag of d**ks...

How has anything other than start-up money helped an industry?
Investors nowadays don't seem to care about anything more than just getting a quick profit.

You realize that 54% of the population are investors, right?

Fire the Metro team and call it a day, yeesh. And put the server guys in charge.

Do they know how Windows Phone 8 would do in the business space if it actually integrated into AD / exchange / group policy / etc?

They need to work on releasing great pieces of software that consumers and business actually want. Making them think differently can work here and there, but the way Metro is implemented is clumsy and counterintuitive. I don't know who they're trying to impress but it's not working.

You do know the guy behind windows 8 was the same guy behind windows 7....

Back