AT&T Is Buying Leap Wireless

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
AT&T has offered to buy Leap Wireless for the substantial price of $1.19 Billion. The prepaid wireless carrier will add to AT&T’s quest for additional wireless spectrum. AT&T will be maintaining Leap’s prepaid service Cricket for its customers and giving them access to its 4G network.

The announcement was made by AT&T today, with the carrier paying $15 per share for the company, more than double its current stock price of $7.98 per share.

I have to wonder about the author. He stated the company was paid more than double the current stock price of just under $8 and that AT&T paid $15 per share. However, double $8 is $16. It sad when people can't do simple math anymore and/or can't bother to proofread what is to be a published article.

I believe what he's trying to say is that on Monday when there really wasn't any info that this was in discussions the stock was around $7 a share, so then it was double. After Friday when it was announced it was $7.98.

If you really want to be technical about it, after trades has pushed it up to a high of $16.73 at one point, making it AT&T is paying less than it currently is worth.

I believe what he's trying to say is that on Monday when there really wasn't any info that this was in discussions the stock was around $7 a share, so then it was double. After Friday when it was announced it was $7.98.

If you really want to be technical about it, after trades has pushed it up to a high of $16.73 at one point, making it AT&T is paying less than it currently is worth.

This is the internet, where pointing out other people's mistakes is an art form.

Back