3D Printed Mouse

This actually has my attention. While this one looks crappy, the ability to 'print" my own mouse and using the internals I choose would be absolutely HUGE. Especially since certain companies *coughlogitechcough* insisted on eliminating some of the better designed mice in favor of..well crap.

Why so many articles about this 3d printing this tech has been around for many years

Why so many articles about this 3d printing this tech has been around for many years

Maybe because it's come to a point where it's more viable for the end user? And because some of the ideas coming out are actually interesting and useful?

Hopefully I will be getting my Makibox this month or next. Would be a cool print to make, I already have an M1000 in a drawer somewhere.

Excited to see the tech come this far. I was really interested til I saw the price. $70 for the print/shell then more for the base. The R.A.T. 7 is just a little more money with a warranty and better internals, no contest. I did like the color selection though.

Excited to see the tech come this far. I was really interested til I saw the price. $70 for the print/shell then more for the base. The R.A.T. 7 is just a little more money with a warranty and better internals, no contest. I did like the color selection though.

Yea... one-off home "manufacturing" is going to have to come a LONG way to compete with mass manufacturing, price-wise. If ever. It's better used to print replacement parts as a mouse weaars out than to create a whole one.

A hygienic nightmare. Impossible to keep all those crevasses clean. Bacteria bomb in no time.

I've actually thought of printing my own mouse shell before. Have a Logitech G500 and while I love the mechanics of it (laser, tilt wheel, etc) the housing could be more comfortable. Extend the thumb rest out some, add a pinky rest, raise the rear up some, etc.

Only problem is that I'd have no idea where to start...can't CAD for shit that's for sure.

I've actually thought of printing my own mouse shell before. Have a Logitech G500 and while I love the mechanics of it (laser, tilt wheel, etc) the housing could be more comfortable. Extend the thumb rest out some, add a pinky rest, raise the rear up some, etc.

Only problem is that I'd have no idea where to start...can't CAD for shit that's for sure.

You could just buy a G9x (though they are out of production :eek:). not only does it have the same sensor/buttons (it's missing the third thumb button though) and wheel, it has removable shells which would make it easier to do (plus you can make the lights pretty colors). :D

Back