Hands On With The Kinect 2

Why the hell didn't they show that during their presentation today?
That would have made a very boring presentation somewhat worthy of watching.

If nothing else, that sensor is pretty awesome. Hope it's as hack-able as the first. We'll see a lot of cool stuff come from that.

If nothing else, that sensor is pretty awesome. Hope it's as hack-able as the first. We'll see a lot of cool stuff come from that.
The sensors on this thing are amazing, and I was impressed with the tech of the first one(games, not so much). As soon as the device is on the market, allow people to use without a XB1.

(although at first it was community driven, the current one now has no need to "hack" since the SDK/Stand alone is available from MS)

Remember all those great games for the first Kinect? Expect moar of the same! :p

I've always thought the best use for Kinect has been use as an augmentation to gaming with a controller. The games designed for use solely with Kinect were all pretty meh, but the ones that even used just simple voice commands to expand your interaction have been pretty cool.

I've always thought the best use for Kinect has been use as an augmentation to gaming with a controller. The games designed for use solely with Kinect were all pretty meh, but the ones that even used just simple voice commands to expand your interaction have been pretty cool.

Which makes the whole Kinect part pointless if you're are just using it as a microphone. Didn't the Xbox come with a headset?

What's the most amazing about this is Xbox user base is so huge, they can really build and deploy this thing to the masses. I was always, and still impressed with the 360 kinetic. This is a big step beyond the 360, and you as a consumer can have this great tech for a really low cost. If MS and XBOX didn't build this tech, you couldn't get it. Plus you'd have to develop your own software. (mini story time)...

Set wayback machine to 1988. I had an Atari ST, and 3d glasses came out for the cheap cost for $300. Problem was you has to code your own stuff for the most part to use the tech.

And we wouldn't have Kinetic if Nintendo didn't create the Wii. That system showed what remote monitoring of the living room could be like.

Too say the least I am impressed!

And we wouldn't have Kinetic if Nintendo didn't create the Wii. That system showed what remote monitoring of the living room could be like.

Too say the least I am impressed!

It's a PS2 Eyetoy...with the same dance/poking things games which the PS2 has. Even the Wii kind of expanded the range of motion games for it a bit, then the Kinect regressed gameplay back to the Eyetoy level poking games again.

At them moment they are Molyneux-ing the crap out of it, but it will, yet again, very likely amount to less than the Atari $300 glasses because their developers have no ideas.

Awesome feedback on you while you're watching commercials on that TV passthrough. Marketing departments and Political Media are salivating right now.

Awesome feedback on you while you're watching commercials on that TV passthrough. Marketing departments and Political Media are salivating right now.

And that's the true purpose, though I don't know what they expect:

:) - playing game
:mad: - commercial suddenly pops up
:confused: - do I want to buy x feminine hygiene product
:eek: - reaction to overly personalized information about myself incorporated into commercial
:confused: :( - why can't i get back to my game
:D - screw this back to the pc

wow, this tech is way better than original kinect, no wonder it pack with it. it is a must have.

Very cool video. it will be cool to see what kind of games/programs get developed for this.

Kinect is basically a voice command system with a shitty motion tracking system. Just check out Steel Battalion for the Xbox 360. I bought a Kinect just so I could check that out, and after 2 hours of that bullshit I packed up the Kinect and returned it.

It's a PS2 Eyetoy...with the same dance/poking things games which the PS2 has. Even the Wii kind of expanded the range of motion games for it a bit, then the Kinect regressed gameplay back to the Eyetoy level poking games again.

At them moment they are Molyneux-ing the crap out of it, but it will, yet again, very likely amount to less than the Atari $300 glasses because their developers have no ideas.

To be fair, the PS2 Eyetoy is about as much like the kinect as the Wii is to a PC. The eyetoy was a basic camera, where as the Kinect was supposed to be able to isolate you from the surrounding and detect your movements by mapping the positions of your limbs to a simple skeletal modelling system.

It didn't really work, but it's not just a camera.

This fucking thing will never get used because I have a bunch of stuff like a table in fron of my tv and not that much space between it and the back wall wall and front wall

I picked that spot so I could mount speakers on the back wall even if it is a tight fit I am not moving the speakers just for this fucking thing unless I can use it in the same place sitting down on the couch I don't care.

Not that I am buying one of these anyway I still don't want it or any of the new consoles for the first time ever.

I might get a wii U for nintendo games that is the only one I kinda of want.

Is it me or is the IR thingy gone be used for homemade pR0n?

I am sure all the people that buy xbox have 1000 sq ft living room. I am also 100% positive that everyone has a dedicated entertainment room and want microsoft interior decorating tips and techniques.

I wonder if MS is not going to use this for Data mining on people, its perfect for ad targeting because the person is infront of the camera. They can target you for pharma, excersice, body shape. I wonder what the EULA says about that gathering data through kinect about you and your habbits? Is there a version of Scroogled for MS?

As cool as the tech is, it just isnt going to be mainstream.
Its not convenient.

Back