Facebook Faces Jury Trial Over Timeline Trademark

HardOCP News

[H] News
I'm not sure why Facebook didn't just pay these guys off. Now the geniuses are facing a jury trial.

U.S. District Judge John W. Darrah said today that Facebook was not able to invalidate Timelines' claim to the mark, Bloomberg reported. "At this stage in the proceedings, it is not unreasonable to conclude that as to this group of users, 'timeline(s)' has acquired a specific meaning associated with plaintiff," the judge wrote in the ruling.

How on earth can you trademark an every day phrase like Timeline? :confused:

I'm going to trademark the words "the", "be", "to", "of", "and", "a", "in", "that", "have" and "I" and sue EVERYBODY!

I'll be rich!

Yeah for real...

History Textbooks are in trouble.

USPTO needs to pull their head from their asses with these frivolous patents and trademarks.

I'm not sure why Facebook didn't just pay these guys off. Now the geniuses are facing a jury trial.

Because if they're willing to let them get cash for this, then they'll give it to anyone. Timelines != timeline. Maybe Police Detectives should sue, because they developed criminal timelines before 2009. There are many suits that [H] people think are frivolous that are not. This is a frivolous case. Raise your hand if you heard of timelines.com before today.

Back