CBS and CNET Liable For ALL BitTorrent Piracy

HardOCP News

[H] News
I was wondering how long it would take people to realize these two are the real culprits responsible for ALL the piracy on the internet.

After a judge ruled last summer that inducement of copyright infringement could indeed be considered due to Download.com also distributing the software they reviewed, the artists moved forward. Last November they asked the court to issue a sweeping injunction, one that would ban all BitTorrent client downloads from the popular software download portal Download.com.

Alcohol induces people to drive drunk so let sue producers and the stores that sell them. Oh wait, they would never do that because of the tax money.

Fucking idiots. I like how they say that legal use of bit torrent software is irrelevant. Do the supposed "artists" really think that taking down download.com will stop all bit torrent traffic worldwide or have any affect at all? It won't even register as a tiny blip. The judge sounds like a clueless idiot as well saying that offering the software for download is inducement of infringement. Does selling guns make the seller an accessory to murder?

Lawmakers write the laws that define piracy, therefore lawmakers are responsible for all piracy and should be held liable.

Yes a gun allowed me to rob the liquor store, now lets ban guns, even from law enforcement use.

I was wondering how long it would take people to realize these two are the real culprits responsible for ALL the piracy on the internet.

They have the wrong target, they should sue copper mines, since we all know that without copper, they couldn't make the cable to transmit data!

God made the tree of knowledge which grew an apple that Adam and Eve ate letting us make P2P software....:p

Sue the makers of whatever languages the programmes were written in, because they allowed this... thatd be the next (il)logical step :/

They have the wrong target, they should sue copper mines, since we all know that without copper, they couldn't make the cable to transmit data!

But then they'd use aluminum, they need to man up and just make electricity illegal. That'll show them pesky pirates.

Yes a gun allowed me to rob the liquor store, now lets ban guns, even from law enforcement use.
Take them from law enforcement and put them in the hands of law abiding citizens. But I digress, that's a whole other issue.

These idiots wouldn't know real piracy if it made 'em walk the plank.

Normally, I'd be all for suing Download.com, but that's just for their shitty website, not for bit torrent clients.

I'm glad that this is pointed at someone who has the money to actually set some precedents. Now the citizen can reap the rewards when CBS turns around and is all "NOPE".

Alcohol induces people to drive drunk so let sue producers and the stores that sell them. Oh wait, they would never do that because of the tax money.

No, we need to sue the yeast that convert the sugars to alcohol!

Can we sue FedEx and UPS for providing a service to ship stolen goods now too? What could go wrong?

Just imagine how things are going to play out once Comcast completes it's full acquisition of NBC.

What are they going to do about piracy of NBC content when they are in a position to completely control the internet service of many people?

Let's sue the federal government for the Interstate Highway System that is used to transport everything from murdered corpses to cocaine.

It would be more interesting if a someone went after the Hollywood insiders who actually upload movies. So far all I see is lawyers going after downloaders of movies and music that is usually available before the public can even buy it.

But then they'd use aluminum, they need to man up and just make electricity illegal. That'll show them pesky pirates.
No,no,no.... They need to pass a law outlawing humans period.End all of this lawless behavior
at the source !

Back