Microsoft Renews Call For Crackdown On Google

HardOCP News

[H] News
I know blog posts like this are meant to get a message out but I actually preferred the Scroogled campaign instead. ;)

"Hopefully, Google will wake up to a New Year with a resolution to change its ways and start to conform with the antitrust laws," Heiner wrote. "If not, then 2013 hopefully will be the year when antitrust enforcers display the resolve that Google continues to lack."

I know they're butt hurt from getting their skulls kicked in by the antitrust nazis (which totally sucks no matter who you are), but the whole problem with all of this is FORCE and CORPORATISM. These companies are both deeply in bed with government and it's just the pot calling the kettle black.

Agreed, sounds like sour grapes. Money makes the world turn. For Microsoft to be hypocritical about it and go on crying foul when it's no better reflects just as poorly on them, if not more so.

I read the whole article and there basically birching because Google wont release a full you-tube app or metadata for there windows phone.

Agreed, sounds like sour grapes. Money makes the world turn. For Microsoft to be hypocritical about it and go on crying foul when it's no better reflects just as poorly on them, if not more so.

Don't you know ANYTHING? It's gravity that makes the world turn! Duh! :D

I swear to all of humanity I've seen the end of the world in all of 3 days in to 2013. I cannot fucking believe MS is even trying this.

From the post-
Here’s just one example: We continue to be dogged by an issue we had hoped would be resolved by now: Google continues to prevent Microsoft from offering consumers a fully featured YouTube app for the Windows Phone.

Because MS has bent over backwards to offer up a "Metro" version of Chrome. And, when they ruled the world, they allowed full access to Exchange when it used to be king, or, or, or.........

Way to start 2013!

I just got to say where is Netscape today?

MS should reap what they sow...Where is Skype for the Blackberry Playbook?

I won't even mention Linux.

And MS would do the same thing if they could. This is a joke, MS is no saint. I would just laugh at MS.

I bet Microsoft is blaming this instead of their stupid "metro ui" being forced on users for lack of sales with Windows 8.

It isn't like you can't go to youtube.com :rolleyes:

One of the worst offenders of anti-trust and anti-competitive practices in the last 100 years, is bitching and moaning and crying like a little gurl? Seriously.

Take it in the Bum and Like It MS. :eek:

What Google should do is just.... buy Microsoft. :rolleyes::cool::p

"Google should not be the biggest search engine in the world! This is unfair to smaller companies!"

"Are you saying you microsoft are a smaller company, and this isn't a conflict of interest because you are trying to get your own search engine Bing money?"

"Yes! We are looking out for the little people!"

After all the BS microsoft has been through with the EU they have every right to bitch. Seriously shipping their os with a browser was a problem, and you guys don't think google needs to be checked on what they do?

After years of screwing over their competitors and anti-competitive practices, Microsoft is now complaining... ha.

Want some cheese with that wine, Microsoft?

You are losing not due to antitrust or monopoly abuse, but because Google's products are simply better. Stop spending so much on shitty bloggers and go invest in some engineering and product talent.

As for the YouTube complaint, maybe Microsoft should have googled it as I found the API for YouTube pretty quickly: https://developers.google.com/youtube/2.0/reference

“n 2010 and again more recently, Google blocked Microsoft’s new Windows Phones from operating properly with YouTube. Google has enabled its own Android phones to access YouTube so that users can search for video categories, find favorites, see ratings, and so forth in the rich user interfaces offered by those phones. It’s done the same thing for the iPhones offered by Apple, which doesn’t offer a competing search service.

Unfortunately, Google has refused to allow Microsoft’s new Windows Phones to access this YouTube metadata in the same way that Android phones and iPhones do. As a result, Microsoft’s YouTube “app” on Windows Phones is basically just a browser displaying YouTube’s mobile Web site, without the rich functionality offered on competing phones. Microsoft is ready to release a high quality YouTube app for Windows Phone. We just need permission to access YouTube in the way that other phones already do, permission Google has refused to provide.”

Yeah why would a company like Google do such a harsh thing maybe it has something to do how Microsoft got to be in "Business", as you all know there was a company called IBM and they had OS/2 and guess what OS/2 just died out , Microsoft had nothing to do with the unfortunate demise of this Operating System.

So maybe Google thinks as long as we can kick Microsoft in the nuts they will back of? Furthermore how the hell do you _need_ meta data for youtube to function it is a website.

I would have +1 googled this poor Microsoftman page but as you all understand Microsoft doesn't like to support anything but Microsoft.

Back