Latest Steve Jobs Action Figure Remarkably Detailed

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Another holiday season is upon us and yet another Asian toy company attempting to put an unauthorized Steve Jobs action figure on the market. This one is just too creepy because of its spot-on realistic detailing. Permission? We don’t need no stinkin’ permission. :D

"We have heard that Apple tried to stop several companies from selling Steve Jobs figures," says the firm's Yuichi Kimura. "We do not have any permission from anyone and we don't think it is necessary to obtain permission from anyone.

its just as senile and decrepit as the real life version
also are the foxconn workers come with it or do i have to supply my own?

Can't wait for them to make one of Thomas Edison.
That way I can have two targets for the shooting range.

How very disturbing it would be to have on of those dolls. Who buys this shit?
Fuck Steve Jobs and fuck Apple (figure I'd go ahead and be the first one...meh why not?).
Someone needs to kick off the hate train, this is [H] after all.

Can't wait for them to make one of Thomas Edison.
That way I can have two targets for the shooting range.

See I'd want a Thomas Edison doll to add to my Nikola Tesla diorama... Preferably suspended over the mini Tesla coil. The Steve Jobs would definitely be a good target practice one though. :p

Jokes aside, this is an awesome Jobs doll.

Personally I would prefer a Woz doll, but if you admire Jobs, this would be a good figure dont you think?

It does go with the Jobs theme of attention to detail.

A Woz would take a lot more materials to make and cost more to ship someplace...though it would be like a million times cooler.

Would buy to resell.

Once this gets pulled off the market, the Applebois will want it

but if you admire Jobs, this would be a good figure dont you think?
Ummm, no? Even if I admired him, having a $150 ($200 with shipping) action figure of him around would not be high on my list of desires.

In most states it is not necessary to obtain likeness rights after death, and there are no federal statutes governing likeness rights of dead people, celebrity or no. Basically there's nothing illegal about what the toy makers are doing, but in some jurisdictions a retailer could be held liable for selling these toys.

Yuichi Kimura's right, nobody needs Apple's permission to make the doll. Apple doesn't own a human being. If anyone should be asked, it's the Jobs family. I think Apple's overstepping their bounds making this demand.

Back