Cool Video Of The Day

Keep in mind the camera is a "one eye idiot".
This illusion works because you have do depth perception in 2D.
If you saw it first hand you would easily see it was flat.

Yes, this is what I was thinking. Interesting, of course. But, the one eye thing...

An actually 3d hologram of an object using a concaved mirrored surface is more impressive and I am sure use for many magic tricks.

I guess my eyes or my brain == FUBAR or I just know what to look for because I can never see these illusions for what they represent. But just for what they are. Flat prints. Could see something was up as soon as the camera passed over the table.

I'd like to know what kind of high-quality printer they used for that stuff. The fidelity seems amazing compared to any printer I've used. :p

I guess my eyes or my brain == FUBAR or I just know what to look for because I can never see these illusions for what they represent. But just for what they are. Flat prints. Could see something was up as soon as the camera passed over the table.

Well, it's a known fact that people with schizophrenia often don't 'see' optical illusions. The thought is that some of the top-down processing that causes our brains to interpret images doesn't function properly in schizophrenics. Although, I am not sure that this applies to this illusion in particular. So...I guess take from that what you will.

This reminds me of the Patriots v Ravens game a couple months ago where the game winning field goal

http://indavideo.hu/video/Patriots_-_Ravens_GW_Field_Goal

Using camera replays you cannot tell where the ball is. That TWO angles are needed due to cameras not being able to determine depth.

When I was trying to explain to people that the ONLY single camera angle that would have given a clear indication if it was good or not was if a camera was pointing down the upright like looking down the sight of a gun, this baffled everyone.

that was way cool, ranks up there with those perspective chalk drawings on the street

Yeah, those are neat and you really have to hand it to the artist for their skillz.
But it is only convincing if you see it at just the right distance and angle.
Then you brain is tricked into assembling the information into a false 3d image.
But take a picture of it and it really seems like you may walk up to it and be afraid of falling in. no so.

If it has good tactile feedback, maybe this will revolutionize interactive 3D PRON! :eek:;)

That is what is most important right? :cool::p

I love how all the comments on youtube say it's fake yadda yadda, because you can see the objects in the background. It's like duh, those are the actual objects he took a picture of.. Lol, people are so stupid.

I love how all the comments on youtube say it's fake yadda yadda, because you can see the objects in the background. It's like duh, those are the actual objects he took a picture of.. Lol, people are so stupid.

Especially YouTube commenters.

Back