Another Dumb Criminal of the Day

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
I don’t know what type of test job applicants have to pass to work at Verizon, but it sounds like it needs an upgrade. There is a simple lesson to be learned here as with any dumb crook, never ever show how dumb you really are and provide evidence for your own arrest. :D

The theft only came to light when another customer, a local bartender, came into the store for an upgrade.

Last edited:
If you're gonna steal pics from someone's phone.

Why in fuck all would you just flash them to some random bartender that comes in?

Epically dumb

I think we need a thorough review of the evidence, you know, just to be sure.

I think we need a thorough review of the evidence, you know, just to be sure.

Exactly why he had seen 21 of the photos, to make sure it was her of course. He had to view once again in order to confirm which images he saw also...

It is wrong what the employee did. No denying that. But for the love of all that is good, do you really hand over a phone to someone else and think there is no chance of that happening?

I guess its that there is an implicit expectation of privacy, however having pics of yourself on your phone in the first place is a bit silly, did she forget? Nonetheless they should be punished, although I think losing their jobs is enough, I think they are going a little overboard with the charges.

LMAO.. I used to do tech support for Verizon & would on a regular basis have to help customers with there auto uploaded stuff including pictures or video's.. Its amazing what some people do on camera.. IMHO if you don't want someone seeing your shit, then don't take the pictures.. There is no privacy to anything on your digital devices..

Really? Two felony charges plus a misdemeanor for that? Granted it's completely wrong and truly repulsive, in my view. But that's some steep punishment. Certainly they deserve to be punished, but I don't think they should have their lives ruined over this.

Really? Two felony charges plus a misdemeanor for that? Granted it's completely wrong and truly repulsive, in my view. But that's some steep punishment. Certainly they deserve to be punished, but I don't think they should have their lives ruined over this.

I disagree. Yes, its harsh, but imagine if those pictured belonged to your wife or girlfriend. A felony is a far site more kind than what I would have done to them.

That said, the girl is a moron for having the pics on her phone.

honestly i'd also charge that girl for misdemeanor for having those pics on her phone

now.. lets review those evidence just to be sure (can never be sure who is lying nowadays :D)

I used to live in Bartow back in the 90's. It's dry on Sunday so that should tell you a lot about the institutional views on morality you can find there. It also tries real hard to keep up the appearance of a prototypical slice of whitebread Americana, and they're inordinately proud of the fact that the movie "My Girl" was shot there.

That said, those idiots at the VZW store should get charged.

I work at a verizon wireless store. there is NO reason to look at a customers pictures or have them on a computer. there are 2 main ways we transfer pics.

1. just take the sd-card out and put it in the new phone.

2. use a cellabrite machine. (This is a very simple machine than scans the source code for pics, then transcodes them if needed and transfers to a target phone) The only thing we would see are the filename of the pics. Since most devices automatically assign a numbered file name, there is not much info gleaned from it.

honestly we usually tell the customer to transfer there own pictures by way of their computer. This prevents any possible liability from lost pics, as well as being significantly faster. It takes the cellebrite machine hours to transfer 100 pics. This means that it is tied up and cannot transfer other customers contacts.

It takes the cellebrite machine hours to transfer 100 pics. This means that it is tied up and cannot transfer other customers contacts.

wow thats pretty bad...the cellebrite i used at radioshack could transfer 100pics in less then 15mins. The only time we would see the pictures is if the phone decided to go into slideshow mode when the cellebrite started the transfer. It was rare but it did happen.

I don’t know what type of test job applicants have to pass to work at Verizon, but it sounds like it needs an upgrade. There is a simple lesson to be learned here as with any dumb crook, never ever show how dumb you really are and provide evidence for your own arrest. :D

You mean interviews are all about bullshitting your interviewer? News at 11! A society of amoral competition spawns dishonesty!

Back